Onemesh and plc backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Onemesh and plc backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Onemesh and plc backhaul
Onemesh and plc backhaul
2021-11-05 16:59:11
Model: TL-WPA8631P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi, I would like to build a onemesh setup consisting of archer ax20 router and TL-WPA8631P powerline.

My question is would the onemesh setup run on the plc backhaul with the powerline plugs or would it run on a wireless backhaul an effectively turning my powerline adapters into range extenders

Thanks for any replies!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Onemesh and plc backhaul
2021-11-30 11:45:56 - last edited 2021-11-30 11:47:14

Hey@EatNuggets 

Sorry for the late reply.  Powerline products turn the electrical wiring of a home into network cables and transmit signals through house Powerline, and  it can't be set up as a range extender.  When PLC build OneMesh with a OneMesh router, signal are trasfer through Ethernet and powerline. 

Network Topology:  Router <Ethernet> main powerline unit <powerline> extender powerline unit <wired/ wireless> devices like laptops and phones

Here is an introduction for powerline products :https://www.tp-link.com/powerline/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 283

Replies: 1

Related Articles