Extender not accepting router password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-06 18:10:33 - last edited 2021-12-12 11:22:21
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

My extender has connected to the router (Vodafone) but I cannot connect a device to the extender. It says to check the password, but it is definitely correct.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Extender not accepting router password-Solution
2021-11-08 15:28:45 - last edited 2021-12-12 11:23:40

@Solla-topee The wifi hub is a THG3000. I tried both WPS button and the tether app, and have tried a reset.

I have managed to work ut how to change the password via the app (through "quick setup"). I found the instructions in the box very unhelpful and the whole experience quite unintuitive.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-11-10 02:49:50 - last edited 2021-12-12 11:23:56

Update: please refer to this thread for detailed troubleshooting if device unable to connect to Extender Wi-Fi 
[Troubleshooting] WiFi Extender Saying Incorrect Password

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Extender not accepting router password
2021-11-08 01:39:49

Hello @DBuchan 

May I know the Model number of your Vodafone router, did you set up the range extender using web or WPS button or Tether app? 

Please confirm the WiFi Leds are signal Leds are On on the range extender first. 

Case1:  RE Led/ Wi-Fi LEDs are OFF on the range extender, and wireless client will not accept the password of router

It is possible that  wrong password has been put in during the RE set up, please factory reset RE and reinstall it from the beginning, put in correct Wi-Fi password during set up
Reset:with RE powered on, use a pin to push the reset hole until all the LEDs flash once

Case 2: RE Led/ Wi-Fi LEDs are ON on the range extender, and wireless client will not accept the password of router

Download tp-link Tether app, double check Range extender's password on tether app and use that password to connect WiFi :
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2541/

If your mobile device could not connect to RE's Wi-Fi, please try to log in on your computer using ' tplinkrepeater.net'  or IP address of RE. 
Try to find RE's IP address on router's Client list. 

Options
2021-11-08 15:28:45 - last edited 2021-12-12 11:23:40

@Solla-topee The wifi hub is a THG3000. I tried both WPS button and the tether app, and have tried a reset.

I have managed to work ut how to change the password via the app (through "quick setup"). I found the instructions in the box very unhelpful and the whole experience quite unintuitive.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-11-10 02:49:50 - last edited 2021-12-12 11:23:56

Update: please refer to this thread for detailed troubleshooting if device unable to connect to Extender Wi-Fi 
[Troubleshooting] WiFi Extender Saying Incorrect Password

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1902

Replies: 3