Google Nest speaker & Google Home app wont connect to TP-Link Deco P9 Mesh Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-03 01:09:24
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello — 

I recently purchased a TP-Link Deco P9 mesh wifi kit (three units) and a set of three Google Nest speakers. 

The Google Home app and speakers were set up for about a week on our old wifi/router before the TP-Link Deco P9 was set up and they were working just fine (no connection issues what-so-ever). 

Now that I've got the mesh wifi set-up, I began switching devices over to it's network and when I came to the Google Home app and nest speakers, they wouldn't connect to the TP-Link network (I get an error that says "Could not communicate with your Nest Audio."). 

I've also tried to connect the TP-Link router through the Google Home app (add new device in Google Home app, choose TP-Link Router from list of provided brands/devices and move to browser to sign into TP-Link and authorize...) and nothing happens after the sign-in authorization. 

All apps and devices are completely up to date. I've removed the speakers completely from the Google Home app and tried to re-add them, and that didn't work either. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Google Nest speaker & Google Home app wont connect to TP-Link Deco P9 Mesh Wifi
2021-12-03 01:43:17

I guess I'll reply to my own inquiry here as I think I've fixed it: 

• I removed all the Nest Devices from the Google Home app
  • Removed all wifi connection/memory from the Google Home app
  • Removed the current "home" group of devices on the Google Home app and then created a new one (which I named the same as the new Deco mesh network name, vs just "home")
  • Reset all Nest devices to factory default and unplugged each one 
  • One by one I re-added (plugged the unit in only when I was ready to add it) all of the devices and had no issue with connecting to the new wifi network

Maybe that will help someone else in the future...I'll circle back here if I have any other issue or fix notes.

Cheers!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3142

Replies: 1