TL-MR3220's will not accept programming to "3G Preferred"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-24 17:21:22
Region : Philippines

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : SmartBro

Hi,

I actually have two TL-MR3220's and I am having the same problem with both of them.

I am not using USB connected internet, we are using RJ45 ethernet connected internet received via a mobile mast and antenna. I live on a remote island in the Philippines, we have no landline telephones here and the only internet comes from two mobile phone masts on the island.

When we started using the TL-MR3220, about two months ago, everything worked fine, we had desktops connected by cables and our guests were connected via WiFi, everything work fine but these last two or three weeks things have become problematic.

When connected via the router we are constantly receiving pop-up messages "A network cable is unplugged" and "Local area connected is now connected" for hours on end whereas we are barely able to make a connection yet when bypassing the router and plugging directly in to a PC the network works fine.

Upon logging-in to the router I had previously programmed it for "3G Preferred" yet it had seemingly taken it upon itself to reprogramme to "3G Only", and no matter what I tried, I even tried to programme it to "WAN Preferred", it kept reverting back to "3G Only" and trying the 2nd of my TL-MR3220's that is doing exactly the same also.

Not to put too fine a point on it I live in "the jungle", we have no landline telephones, the only broadband comes from two mobile phone masts on the island and we rarely receive 3G if at all.

I can't believe that two seperate devices have malfunctioned but my technical knowledge is limited not to be able to understand why both devices will not accept programming to "3G Preferred" thus I need some help and advice please.

Thanks in Advance
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 283

Replies: 0