TP-WR702N don't work as client, and other stuff...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-19 22:18:24
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi guys
I bought the TL-WR702N to connect to my wireless network a LaCIE multimedia HD. To do this I need to use it as client mode.
So I have followed the user guide instructions but when i clicked the SURVEY button the only wifi network not founded was mine!!!
I try to refresh many times but nothing happened.
So I put manually SSID and MAC address, security mode and password, then rebooted.
Status information indicated that my SSID was setted as client mode on my wifi network, but led light on TL-WR702N was solid, indicating that it was not connected.
I tryed different times but everytime the same: solid light, no connection available.
So I changed the channel of my D_Link router from channel 12 (best channel) to channel 1: this time TL-WR702N fownded my network! So i realized that TL-WR702N works from channel 1 to channel 11 but this is axplayned anywhere... :(
Anyway, I was sure that now everything was OK. No way. Same old story. Once I rebooted, led light solid, no connection founded.
I sent an email to tp-link assistance saing my problem and the short answare was "be sure to insert the right country". :mad: Who do he think I am? And anyway if you set the county using the quick setup after the reboot the country is set to default USA... You must to put the right country on the wireless set page.

I'm afraid I have put my money in the trash buyng this object...
Anybody ave some ideas to fix my problem?
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-WR702N don't work as client, and other stuff...
2013-05-20 17:51:41
Hi. i don't know much about LaCIE multimedia HD but i am interested in the WR702N as a client.
There must be one ethernet jack on the multimedia HD. when you connect the HD to your router with hardware cable, the internet must work on your HD, right??
One more thing, due to legal reasons channel 12,13 and 14 is not available in all countries. It seems WR702N works with the channel in the range of 1to 11.
By the way, i suggest you connect your PC to the WR702N, and reconfigure the unit in client mode, referring to www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=395.
When it is all configured successfully, then you can connect the client to your multimedia HD via ethernet cable.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 669

Replies: 1