Connection Problems to WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-11 08:23:57
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: newest

Hi,

i have a problem with my Archer C80. I did some changes in the configuration and it stopped working. So i did a reset to get it working again. Now i dont get access to the internet.

I have a zyxel router in the basement, connected by wire to the Archer. The Zyxel is in the internet and works, the Archer claims no internet connection.

here is what i tried until now:

- I connected a Laptop directly to the Zyxel -> internet on the laptop works

- i connected my old router (also an TP-Link) to the Zyxel -> internet works

- i did the same setup as on the old router on the archer -> archer still claims no internet

- i bought an new router (TP-Link deco) because i thought the archer is broken -> same behavior as the archer

- because the old router was working, i cloned his MAC to the Deco and the Archer -> no success

- i connected the old router to the zyxel, switched wifi off, then the Deco to the old router, with wifi -> internet is working

Any idea how t solve this problem?

I am pretty sure that the Zyxcel is not the problem, i tried all ports and it works with the old router and also with another one in the second floor.

All routers have the latest firmware.

Thanks in Advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connection Problems to WAN
2021-12-11 18:02:57

@Spocki990 

Since you already have a Zyxel main router you should configure the C80 or the Deco in AP mode to avoid the double NAT in your network.

Here's (case 1) how to do that for Archer C80.

Here's how to do that for Deco.

It would be easier to set up whichever device you choose if it's LAN IP is set to Smart IP(DHCP) and DHCP server to Auto.

If you decide to go with Static LAN IP address you should choose an IP address in the same subnet as the Zyxel LAN IP address and DHCP server to OFF.

[For example if the Zyxel LAN IP address is 192.168.1.1 then you can choose for the C80 or Deco LAN IP address 192.168.1.X (1<X<255)]

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 450

Replies: 1

Related Articles