Installation problems WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-15 20:31:17 - last edited 2020-07-21 11:30:13
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ??

Installed the units and cannot get connections.

I disconnected the current ASUS router and plugged in the RJ45 WAN into one of the Deco X60 units. The TP link APP is installed to my tablet and the tablet  connected to the Deco X60 unit via WIFI. The installation APP is saying that my X60 unit don't have connection to the internet?

What can I do next?

Gunnar 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Installation problems WAN-Solution
2020-07-20 12:03:33 - last edited 2020-07-21 11:30:13

@TP-Link_Deco 

After struggling another 4 hours..  finally up and running. 

Tried with another of the three Decos as primary unit I got it up an running. Changing back to the first one it didn't work.  After trying back and forth 10 times I realized that it was easier to get it up and running if I just had one unit powered up and I also got the furs unit to work as primary unit.

The most enoying (and stupid if I may...) is that the APP on my tablet stopped to work with the error message "no connections to the cloud". The whole purpose with the APP is to set up a non working network(!!!??). I worked around that connecting my tablet to my phone.

A lot of room for improvement. 

Other than that... now when it is up and running it demonstrates good performance.

I hope above can help the development. 

Regards 

Gunnar

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Installation problems WAN
2020-07-17 07:37:57

@Gunnar.B 

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you have some difficulties in setting up the Deco X60. We can do further troubleshooting and try to fix it. 

1. What is the current network topology/diagram? And what is the light status of the Deco X60? 

2. With your computer connected to the modem directly, please check whether you can access the internet and the IP address obtained. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/ 

3. Try to power cycle the modem and the Deco X60 to give it a go.

Besides, here is troubleshooting guidance you can refer to:

Fail to setup main Deco

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Installation problems WAN-Solution
2020-07-20 12:03:33 - last edited 2020-07-21 11:30:13

@TP-Link_Deco 

After struggling another 4 hours..  finally up and running. 

Tried with another of the three Decos as primary unit I got it up an running. Changing back to the first one it didn't work.  After trying back and forth 10 times I realized that it was easier to get it up and running if I just had one unit powered up and I also got the furs unit to work as primary unit.

The most enoying (and stupid if I may...) is that the APP on my tablet stopped to work with the error message "no connections to the cloud". The whole purpose with the APP is to set up a non working network(!!!??). I worked around that connecting my tablet to my phone.

A lot of room for improvement. 

Other than that... now when it is up and running it demonstrates good performance.

I hope above can help the development. 

Regards 

Gunnar

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Installation problems WAN
2020-07-21 11:31:30

@Gunnar.B 

Great, it's glad to hear that the Deco system is up and running now.

Enjoy it and we will keep optimizing the setup process with further firmware and app updates.

Good days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 546

Replies: 3

Related Articles