Reset Button Not Working After official Firmware Upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-19 20:31:58 - last edited 2021-12-20 01:26:07
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: V3_201231

Hi. I have 3 archer c60's and two of them are V3. They were working perfectly fine until I got an firmware upgrade through Tether mobile app for the V3 version and I went ahead and intalled it on both my v3's. Fast forward today in router setting I turned of DHCP by mistake and rebooted the router only to find I cannot connect and I'm out I am locked out of them as the Firmware upgrade has caused an issue to the reset button and I cannot reset both of them. If connected through phone it just stucks on Obtaining IP Address and I cant even connect it to an computer (Probably because DHCP is turned off) is there any way to fix this? Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Reset Button Not Working After official Firmware Upgrade
2021-12-19 20:34:41 - last edited 2021-12-20 01:26:07

@Hyperfire However One of the two broken routers is registered on TP link Cloud and I cannot even Restore it remotely

Options
Re:Reset Button Not Working After official Firmware Upgrade
2021-12-20 09:55:48

@Hyperfire 

Hi,

If you turn off the mechanism that assigns IP addresses to client devices automatically (by disabling DHCP on the router), then you have to assign IP addresses to you client device(s) manually.

How that is done depends on the device. If you google for "windows manually set ip address" you should find instructions for Windows.

If your routers LAN address is still set to the default of 192.168.0.1, then configure your client device with any address between 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.255.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 444

Replies: 2

Related Articles