What would be the best High Speed Router for Gaming?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-22 12:01:36 - last edited 2021-12-23 03:11:49
Model: AP200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am building Gaming Setup using gaming laptop but I don't have any option for LAN, is it good idea to use Wifi Router for gaming. Looking forward to play COD, Cyberpunk, GTA, Battlefield and more.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:What would be the best High Speed Router for Gaming?-Solution
2021-12-22 15:02:04 - last edited 2021-12-23 03:11:49

@garrat11 

Hi,

If the reason for not being able to route a LAN cable to the router is because the router's location is far away from where your gaming laptop is to be located, then your gaming experience will probably always be somewhat compromised, as a weak Wi-Fi signal will not provide the best latency and speed.

Apart from that, in case you decide to go the Wi-Fi route and buy a new router, then make sure the Wi-Fi card in the laptop matches the technology of the router. (i.e. an AX router with multi-stream MIMO and 160 MHz channel width only makes sense if the Wi-Fi card also supports these features)

Of course, if money is no issue, then the most expensive router is usually also the best router.

Also, when you setup the Wi-Fi on the router check if you can find free channels that aren't occupied by your neighbor's Wi-Fi routers and while you are playing games it would be best if the gaming laptop is the only device that is connected to that Wi-Fi band. (i.e. connect phones, tablets,TVs to another band if you have a dual-band or tri-band router)

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:What would be the best High Speed Router for Gaming?-Solution
2021-12-22 15:02:04 - last edited 2021-12-23 03:11:49

@garrat11 

Hi,

If the reason for not being able to route a LAN cable to the router is because the router's location is far away from where your gaming laptop is to be located, then your gaming experience will probably always be somewhat compromised, as a weak Wi-Fi signal will not provide the best latency and speed.

Apart from that, in case you decide to go the Wi-Fi route and buy a new router, then make sure the Wi-Fi card in the laptop matches the technology of the router. (i.e. an AX router with multi-stream MIMO and 160 MHz channel width only makes sense if the Wi-Fi card also supports these features)

Of course, if money is no issue, then the most expensive router is usually also the best router.

Also, when you setup the Wi-Fi on the router check if you can find free channels that aren't occupied by your neighbor's Wi-Fi routers and while you are playing games it would be best if the gaming laptop is the only device that is connected to that Wi-Fi band. (i.e. connect phones, tablets,TVs to another band if you have a dual-band or tri-band router)

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:What would be the best High Speed Router for Gaming?
2021-12-22 15:07:35
Will take care of these things. Thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 501

Replies: 2

Related Articles