AX50 cant route vpn connections to router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-27 22:23:50
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

Hey!

The other issue I have is that since I have an ISP provided router I'm using my AX50 as an AP. However I would like to use its VPN server feature, because I want to connect my parents network to mine, to access some server features. However, even though I forwarded all relevant ports to the router. I can't connect to it from the remote network at all.

My question is, Is it possible that this router only accepts vpn connections to its vpn server feature trought its wan connection only?

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX50 cant route vpn connections to router
2021-12-27 22:40:44 - last edited 2021-12-27 22:48:16

@Looter 

Hi,

Yes, you are right.

If you want to use the VPN server feature, then set the AX50 up in Router Mode and connect the AX50's WAN port via Ethernet cable to the LAN port of the ISP router. It would be best to configure a static IP address for the AX50's WAN port, so that it will never change. Then go to the ISP router and forward the relevant port(s) to the AX50's WAN IP address.

Sometimes it's also possible to setup the ISP's router in so-called "bridge" mode and then let the own router handle the Internet connection (i.e. via PPPoE or whatever the ISP requires) which would make the port forwarding obsolete and get rid of one instance of NAT. But this depends on whether your ISP supports this mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 362

Replies: 1

Related Articles