[RE450] Ethernet gets IP address but no internet (found workaround but TP-Link SHOULD FIX IT!!!)
Every devices connected to the extended WiFi network are able to access internet fine.
However, any PC or laptop connected to the GBe ethernet port on extended has no internet at all.
- The router is TP-Link AC4000 (so TP-link you have no excuse.)
- Tried both PC and laptop. Tried both Windows and Linux. No luck.
- All of the devices connected to the ethernet port gets IP fine (192.168.0.xxx). It is NOT able to ping the router gateway IP (192.168.0.1).
- It is able to ping the extended IP (in my case it's 192.168.0.162) though.
- I'm able to ping the device IP (192.168.0.xxx) from another computer not connected to the extender.
- I'm even able to access remote desktop of the device behind extender.
- The device (192.168.0.xxx) obtained this setup from DHCP automatically:
- IP: 192.168.0.xxx
- Gateway: 192.168.0.1
- Surprisingly, IPv6 works like perfect on this device behind extender (I could access ipv6.google.com fine)
- Go to router, ensure LAN IP range is set to 192.168.0.100 - 192.168.0.199
- Go to extender, enable DHCP and ensure LAN IP range is set to 192.168.0.10 - 192.168.0.99
Now my device behind extender gets internet.
My biggest concern, say I need to give this extender to someone else who has no technical background (I happen to have some experience with TCP/IP of about 20 years.), or it's some other TP-link customer who has no clue about this IP settings, how are they able to use this product?
Ultimately it's for TP-link's good since you don't want tons of returns/refunds, right?