After a blackout, the extender loses its settings (password)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-11 18:15:45
Model: TL-WPA7617 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good morning,

I have successfully configured my TP-Link TL-WPA7617 Powerline WiFi Kit.

I also changed the password and all the users in the house (e.g. cameras) are connected.

However, if I remove the WiFi extender module from the socket, when I re-plug it, the WiFi password come back to the factory one again (thus losing the connection with the household users). The same happens when a power blackout occur and the subsequent power restore.

How can I avoid this problem, which is that the extender does not lose the password if removed from the socket or after a power interruption?

Options
5 Reply
Re:After a blackout, the extender loses its settings (password)
2022-01-13 06:22:46 - last edited 2022-01-13 06:24:15

Hello @MatteoLink 

This sounds quite unusual. 

- May I know how did you find out it start to use default password, can I have photo of it?

- Is  the issue reproducible, e.g. do you mean every time you unplug the Wifi extender WPA7617, the password will be become the default one?

Does Wi-Fi extender also use the default SSID TP-Link XX and use the default Wi-Fi password, the 8 digit Wi-Fi password on the label?  

• Please try to turn off Wi-Fi Move feature as this feature may synchronize the Wi-Fi settings with other Wi-Fi powerline extender:

What does Wi-Fi Move feature mean and how to use it?

By the way,how many Wifi power line units do you have in the house, thank you.

Options
2022-01-13 11:11:32

Solla-topee wrote

Hello @MatteoLink 

This sounds quite unusual. 

- May I know how did you find out it start to use default password, can I have photo of it?

Very simple: the utilities connected to the extender stop working.
Entering the extender configuration I find the default password.
I set again my personal password in the extender and the very stuff works

- Is  the issue reproducible, e.g. do you mean every time you unplug the Wifi extender WPA7617, the password will be become the default one?
Yes, that's exactly how it happens

Does Wi-Fi extender also use the default SSID TP-Link XX and use the default Wi-Fi password, the 8 digit Wi-Fi password on the label?  
I don't know, I don't want to use that

• Please try to turn off Wi-Fi Move feature as this feature may synchronize the Wi-Fi settings with other Wi-Fi powerline extender:

What does Wi-Fi Move feature mean and how to use it?

• Then change the Wifi settings :

How to customize wireless settings on tpPLC Utility (new logo)

I change the settings, but they are not kept if I then remove the plug or there is a blackout

By the way,how many Wifi power line units do you have in the house, thank you.

3 lines with the same password.

Hello @Solla-topee 

In green my replies.

Thanks for your support.

Options
2022-01-14 11:58:00

@MatteoLink 

Thank you , can I know if the WiFi name/ SSID changed back to the default WiFi name as well? 

Did you try to turn off WIFi move feature? 

For 'the utilities connected to the extender stop working. Entering the extender configuration I find the default password.' can I have a photo of it, or you could share a link of photo via private message, 

Options
2022-01-14 12:02:41

Thanks @Solla-topee 
I will try to deselect WifiMove.

I don't understand which information you could catch by a picture

Options
2022-01-18 10:02:27

Hello @MatteoLink 

Feel free to let us know if there is an update. As the issue sounds uncommon, a photo may help us learn the phenomenon better. Thank you for your understanding~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 760

Replies: 5