One wired unit has slower wifi than the main unit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-15 23:52:11
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

Hi,

I have just set up Deco S4 three units. The main unit is in the front room, the second unit is wired and at the back of the house connect via 30m long cable. The third unit is on the first floor and wireless. All units have been upgraded to software version 1.5.0. 

I have 350mbps virgin fibre optic broadband and get above 300mbps most of the time when wired. 

My main unit gives me wifi above 200mbps consistantly. But main second wired unit contantly gives me from 80 to 130 on wifi and has never reached above 150. I have wired my laptop from the second unit and I get nearly 300 mbps.

I read some suggestions on other threads like disabling any custom Qos settings, turning off UPNP and enabling IPv6. They haven't helped. 

I have tried to turn off all the other interferences but nothing has helped.

What am I missing?

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks 

Options
2 Reply
Re:One wired unit has slower wifi than the main unit
2022-01-16 01:36:43 - last edited 2022-01-16 01:49:09

@GoodWifiForEver 

This is unusual, indeed.

Please re-run speed test, but with the following:

1. Use Ookla speedtest app. Verify it picks same speed test servers at each run;
  2. Power off Satellite Deco which is connected wirelessly: the third unit on the first floor.
  3. Turn off 2.4GHz in Deco Main Network:

Options
Re:One wired unit has slower wifi than the main unit
2022-01-16 20:10:40

Thanks Alexandre. 

I have found the issue, the unit is working on Wifi and won't connect via Ethernet. I have tried different cables which are definitely not broken. 

I am going to swap units and check again and will post the result.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 454

Replies: 2