AV600 potential compatability issue: cannot connect to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-16 19:46:39 - last edited 2022-01-16 20:08:12
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.01 Build 210305 Rel.64377n (6985/8575)

I have a multi device setup with a long standing AV600 for WiFi coverage which is in place 18+ months maybe even 2 years. Last devices I added was back in August when I added an AV1300 wireless x2 to cover a new home office. No issues until mid December when my AV600 was not connecting to the internet. It was on the network, pingable etc, just not able to get an outbound connection. I synced it again, no joy, factory reset, no joy. Moved to other rooms and synced in case it was an electrical issue (no work done btw). I left it a few days being close to Christmas and gave it a go again and when I switched it on, it just worked as normal. Happy days. It lasted a week and the no network connection messages started appearing on our devices. It would intermittently fix itself and then back to no connection.

I chalked it down to a hardware fault given the age and today I picked up a new AC600. Synced it and again the same no Internet connection. I have spent the last 2 hours troubleshooting and this is where I'm at:

- Firmware updated to the October 2021 version 

- Visible in the tpPLC apps

- Logged in and set a manual DNS of 8.8.8.8 to see if that made a difference, it didn't, tried automatic IP config and same

- Pingable from multiple devices

- Wired and wireless no network connection reported

- I can see devices connected to it

- Devices connected to it cannot see any other network device including pinging the AV600 so it has no route onwards it seems

- I have disabled WiFi Move just on the AV600, it's enabled on other devices

I'm at a loss as to what could be causing it especially when it was rock solid for so long. I'm suspecting some kind of compatability issue has perhaps emerged? I'd appreciate any input if folks have seen similar issues

Options
3 Reply
Re:AV600 potential compatability issue: cannot connect to internet
2022-01-19 07:17:20

Bumping this as I still can't figure it out and need to return my purchase soon if I can't get it working

Options
2022-01-20 11:02:27 - last edited 2022-01-20 11:18:19

Hello @Hadur 

Thank you for your detailed post. Can you help provide some information here to look into the issue further:

1.  May I know your network topology?e.g Archer C7 <Ethernet>PA4010 downstairs  ___<house powerline> WPA4220 upstairs.

Do you have a stable wired connection on the main router?

2. When the issue occurs, what is the IP address on the devices connected to AV600?   Try to ping the default gateway on the device that  connected to AV600 and send us the ping result:https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

Do you mean all the devices connect to AV600 has no Internet when issue happens, what are those devices? 

3. May I know House Led/LED Status on both devices when AV600 drops connection? 

4. How often does the issue occur on the new TL-WPA4220 V5, does the connection recover by itself ? Is it a (UK) version? 

Options
2022-01-20 19:40:28

@Solla-topee I will get all of that info tomorrow for you, thanks for responding!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 720

Replies: 3

Related Articles