All firmwares of tp-link devices will automatically running your ipv6 functions....

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

All firmwares of tp-link devices will automatically running your ipv6 functions....

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-17 20:26:28 - last edited 2022-01-18 07:25:11
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: Archer C7(TW)_V5_211022 and before

Dear all, 

Please don’t use TP-link devices because I have been told them their firmware will automatically running your ipv6 functions even you never turn it on. But they didn’t wanna fix it until now. That means TP-link will collect and do anything they want. Passing through ipv6 to control any your devices or date. (That’s a very big security issue for all of the world users.)

for ipv6, it doesn’t have any NAT functions to protect users’ network. (Direct connection)

Options
2 Reply
Re:All firmwares of tp-link devices will automatically running your ipv6 functions....
2022-01-18 07:24:21

@DanielChen 

Hello, I actually don't quite understand what you are requesting, as I found you kept arguing with the support engineers, who told you that the latest official firmware for Archer C7 V5 has been included in all possible fixes you mentioned earlier. If there is still an issue, we suggest you discuss the real problem with them via email again, I think they should understand what you're requesting.

Options
Re:All firmwares of tp-link devices will automatically running your ipv6 functions....
2022-01-20 17:21:15

@Kevin_Z  the truth is your company (TP-link) doesn’t wanna troubleshoot it. Your band-new or past firmwares will automatically running ipv6 functions even the client doesn’t turn in on. And I have been tried many times to tell your support team. Until now, your all are not to fix it at all. By the way, why did not your company to fix the security issue even though you are the one of  network and security manufactures all over the world?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 376

Replies: 2

Related Articles