Connection and disconnection with VPN issue even when RE is the latest firmware version

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connection and disconnection with VPN issue even when RE is the latest firmware version

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-23 07:02:05

I have problem with RE650 extender is that every day, I connect to my work VPN but it keeps disconnecting then reconnecting. I checked with my network department at work, and they confirmed that the vpn was stable and working properly. I checked with Vodafone, my fiber provider, and they confirmed that the line is good. They also changed their router but the vpn keeps dropping. I tried 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz connections, but the same thing happens. The problem is resolved by rebooting the extender. However, it's not always a solution. I also updated the firmware to the latest version. There were no changes, although the release stated that it was more stable.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connection and disconnection with VPN issue even when RE is the latest firmware version
2022-01-24 07:54:40

Hello @ClaudeSjDevinHe 

1. When VPN connection drops, how about the other devices connected to range extender Wi-Fi & does not use VPN connection? Could they access Internet? 

2.  To help isolate the issue, make RE's SSID different from router's SSID.  When VPN disconnects, connect same PC/  laptop  connect to Router's SSID/ Wi-Fi name, and see if VPN works fine when connect to Router 's wifi network 

3.  May I know the hardware & firmware of the range extender 

Model of router and Network topology . e.g. ISP Vodafone --XX Router <WiFi>RE650 <Wifi 2.4Ghz> Win10 xx Laptop

How about the Led status on RE when issue occurs? When did you purchase the extender and when did the issue start? 

Can you share a photo of error message when VPN disconnects? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 705

Replies: 1

Related Articles