Powerline adaptor vs Ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-23 07:20:35
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have recently purchased a TL-WPA7510 kit to use the Gigabite Ethernet port.  The router is in my living room but my PC is on my desk in the bedroom and by the time wi-fi has gone through a few walls, the 1Gb service that I pay for drops to around 125Mbs.

I have now discovered the electrical wiring circuit that feeds my bedroom is different to the one in the living room so when I connect up the Powerline adaptor it doesn't work too well and I get a faster speed using wi-fi.   So my electrician is going to run a cable from the living room through the attic and into a new outlet socket in my bedroom to ensure the Powerline adaptor and extender are on the same circuit.   That should work right????

But then I thought, if the electrician is going to run an electric cable between the 2 rooms, why doesn't he fit ethernet sockets in both rooms and a Cat 5 cable between the two.   So my question is which would work best - the Powerline adaptor or a straight ethernet cable?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 231

Replies: 0

Related Articles