Archer AX73/AX5400 issue with 2.4Ghz network after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX73/AX5400 issue with 2.4Ghz network after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
39 Reply
Re:Archer AX73/AX5400 issue with 2.4Ghz network after firmware update
2022-01-27 11:42:38

thewerthon wrote

My last attempt was factory reset the router again, setting up internet, and wireless parameters accordingly to @Beorn's screenshot (OFDMA and TWT disabled).

It has been almost 24 hours and no disconnects experienced, all smart home devices working just fine.

I'll try now to enable OFDMA and TWT and monitor again.

Then, if success, I'll configure other sections of the router to my needs and see what happens.

Good start yes@thewerthon. Let us know what will happen after you enabled the functions that you required on the router.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-02-03 10:46:53

@Kevin_Z 

I have the same issue just yesterday when I choose to update the firmware (1.2.0 Build 20211222 rel 74632), my 2.4Ghz network is not transmitting as usual. I use smart connect which manually switching 2.4 to 5ghz, but suddenly the network is not detected in my room (10meters from the router through double wall)

I already tried all the above parameters, but still no luck. The strange thing is when I literally put my phone on the router then it detected and worked fine for the 2.4ghz network. But when I lift the phone 1.5m away, the network is gone.

I want to try to downgrade the firmware but the loading bar is not moving from 0%.

Is there anything you can help me with

Options
Re:Archer AX73/AX5400 issue with 2.4Ghz network after firmware update-Solution
2022-02-03 13:07:08 - last edited 2022-04-01 03:16:43

Just an update about this after a few days...

My network is working fine now with firmware v1.2.0 Build 20211222.

I still don't know what action solved the issue, but the steps I did was basically:

- Factory resetting the router

- Setting up internet and Wi-Fi settings without touching any other parameters

- Leaving it for about two days without disconnections

- Finished setting up the router to my preferences

Another point is, I'm now using "WPA2-PSK[AES]" as security protocol instead "WPA2-PSK[AES]+WPA-PSK[TKIP]".

Wi-Fi channels are on "Auto", "High" in potency, channel width "20/40MHz" in 2.4G and "20/40/80MHz" in 5G.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-02-06 06:44:25

Hi @thewerthon 

Been trying those steps many many times, but still not working. It really strange that the 2.4Ghz network works perfectly if i lay my phone on top of the router and it disappear when i pick the phone up. Is it something with the antenna or some transmitter thing got broken? I dont think any accident happens to the router, and this problem happens the same day after i update the software.

Options
2022-02-08 08:54:38

Remaldysan wrote

Hi @thewerthon 

Been trying those steps many many times, but still not working. It really strange that the 2.4Ghz network works perfectly if i lay my phone on top of the router and it disappear when i pick the phone up. Is it something with the antenna or some transmitter thing got broken? I dont think any accident happens to the router, and this problem happens the same day after i update the software.

Hello @Remaldysan, thanks for reporting the issue to the community again.

So can I have the details about the 2.4GHz wireless settings on the router now? Is the security WPA2-PSK[AES]? Which channel have you tried?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-02-09 08:10:14

Hi @Kevin_Z 

Below is my settings for the 2.4Ghz,
Been trying few settings discussed in this thread as well, but nothing work.

Thanks

Options
2022-02-09 09:21:10

@Remaldysan 

What if you try a fixed channel for the 2.4GHz network? Will it be stable? When the 2.4GHz is disappearing, no device can detect it or just the specific phone cannot see it?

BTW, the 5GHz network is still working fine on the latest version, right?

Options
2022-03-31 14:40:47

@Kevin_Z I have a similar problem from the OP. All my smart device which connects to the 2.4 ghz frequency are all disconnecting. And I have a weird problem with port forwarding my device where the device is not able to connect through wan

Options
2022-04-01 03:22:41

Karjun94 wrote

@Kevin_Z I have a similar problem from the OP. All my smart device which connects to the 2.4 ghz frequency are all disconnecting. And I have a weird problem with port forwarding my device where the device is not able to connect through wan

@Karjun94 I would suggest you try the suggestions shared by thewerthon, then confirm if the issue persists.

This is the guide to do port forwarding for the local device or service on the AX73, you can follow the steps to open the corresponding ports for the devices, then check if you can access it from outside:

Port forwarding: how to set up virtual server on TP-Link wireless router?

Options
2022-04-27 10:30:36

@thewerthon I have the same issue and the problem seems to be related to OFDMA option. Do not activate it, its bugged in the firmware or even in the chipset of this router!

Dear TP-Link , are you so kind to fix this already or we change to another router producer ?! :)

I am already tired of this issue..

Options
Related Articles