router problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

router problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
router problem
router problem
2022-01-26 10:55:25 - last edited 2022-03-02 05:52:40
Model: Archer C5  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: dont know

i have a tp link archer c5 ac1200 router whenever i try to login it shows incorrect password i even reset and entered the password given on the back of router it still doesnt work plzz help i want to use it as a extender!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:router problem-Solution
2022-01-26 22:58:29 - last edited 2022-03-02 05:52:40

@ubuntu9 

Hi,

As far as I am aware there are two types of login pages on retail versions of TP-Link routers.

Some router models use authentication via Username and Password. After a factory reset the default for both is "admin". (without the quotes)

Newer router models from TP-Link use authentication only via Password and there is no default for it. When the router is brand new or after performing a factory reset the user is asked to set a new password upon the first attempt to log into the router's configuration webpage.

If neither is the case for you, then either the factory reset was not performed properly or your particular Archer C5 is not a retail version.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:router problem-Solution
2022-01-26 22:58:29 - last edited 2022-03-02 05:52:40

@ubuntu9 

Hi,

As far as I am aware there are two types of login pages on retail versions of TP-Link routers.

Some router models use authentication via Username and Password. After a factory reset the default for both is "admin". (without the quotes)

Newer router models from TP-Link use authentication only via Password and there is no default for it. When the router is brand new or after performing a factory reset the user is asked to set a new password upon the first attempt to log into the router's configuration webpage.

If neither is the case for you, then either the factory reset was not performed properly or your particular Archer C5 is not a retail version.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:router problem
2022-06-25 11:20:45
My new phone's installed tether.......but not log in
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 497

Replies: 2

Related Articles