please help me to find best solution

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-29 12:07:26
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: lastest

hi my friends i now have a tplink 840 v6.2 and really it's a wonderfull router, but the problem is the (100 M) ports and the (2.4 Ghz) wifi,

the bandwidth control of this router manage connections by agood way that it gives all pcs the same bandwidth and if i want to change i can easily, and the wodnderfull thing also is the switch that mean i can connect a nas system into the ethernet ports and i can use it by any number of pcs also by the same manner (each pc have the same bandwidth),

please help me to get a dualband router with a gigabit ethernet ports do the same function (gateway and switch), i intend to buy archer c6, is it agood choice ?

my friend has D-LINK and say that it has avery good 5 ghz wifi :

Options
1 Reply
Re:please help me to find best solution
2022-02-22 09:46:04

Hello, @HomeFileSharing,

If you are intending to get a gigabit router for dual-band connections, Archer C6 is a good choice. 

Meanwhile, if you prepare for the Wi-Fi 6 and budget is not an issue, you can go with something like Archer AX10 since Wi-Fi 6 is backward compatible with Wi-Fi 5 clients. Also in perspective, more and more devices would be Wi-Fi 6 capable nowadays:
https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-ax10/

But please be aware that both of them doesn't support bandwidth control feature, they only support QoS, so please check if QoS will match your requirements:

How to set up QoS using TP-Link Wi-Fi router?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 260

Replies: 1

Related Articles