Performance de velocidade ruim no windows mas normal no macOs c/ C80

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-01 12:26:36 - last edited 2022-03-04 11:19:58
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.10.0 build 210716

Olá!

Adquiri um Archer C80 + repetidor RE200 V5 para ter uma rede mesh aqui em casa e coloquei meu router Vivo MitraStar em modo Bridge, ligando um cabo dele para a porta WAN do meu C80, setando autenticação PPOE, DNS google, DHCP ligado, etc.
Ate ai tudo bem, rede mesh funcionando perfeitamente, testes de velocidade no Wi-Fi reproduzindo o que meu pacote Vivo Fibra 300 deveria entregar, porém, algo bizarro esta acontecendo:

Meu desktop esta cabeado com o C80 e toda vez que dou boot pelo Windows, durante os primeiros 10-20 minutos, a velocidade da internet é horrível, ping colossal de 500-700ms e velocidade oscilando entre <1 e 20/30Mbps, então:

1- Ou aguardo muitos e muitos minutos para que o tudo volte ao normal (ping de 3ms e download nos 300+ Mbps)
2- Ou executo /release e /renew para que o ping e download volte ao normal como citado acima

Bem, independente de aguardar ou realizar o release/renew o meu upload continua péssimo, na casa dos 15 Mbps

Meu desktop é dual boot, tenho uma partição para MacOS e a outra pro Win e isso só acontece no Windows. Qdo eu dou boot no MacOS, desde o 1o segundo a performance da rede é a esperada - 3ms / 300+ Mbps Down e 150 Mbps Up

Em tempo, tudo atualizado (windows, firmwares do C80 e RE200), drivers, porta de rede setada para Gbps, sem VPN ou nenhuma regra/cfg que possa interferir na rede, sem processos atipicos ou download rodando em background.

Não consigo achar o motivo do porque a simples mudança de router da Vivo para bridge e introdução do C80 para rotear causou isto exclusivamente no windows.

Suspeito que seu eu retirar o C80 e voltar a deixar o router da Vivo como principal (ao invés de bridge) o tudo volte ao normal, mas esta não é uma alternativa viável pois o intuito da mudança foi criar uma rede Mesh e para que ela funcione preciso obrigatoriamente deixar o router da vivo em Bridge, usando o C80 para rotear.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Performance de velocidade ruim no windows mas normal no macOs c/ C80-Solution
2022-03-02 14:28:00 - last edited 2022-03-04 11:19:58

Hi  @Kevin_Z 

I think I figure it out.

I was checking the APP Center of my motherboard - Gigabyte - and there was software related to network speed/traffic optimization called Gigabyte cFos Speed and for some reason, there was a conflict with Archer C80 (never had an issue before, with my IPS router) so I uninstalled this feature and problem is fixed.

Thanks for all your help.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Performance de velocidade ruim no windows mas normal no macOs c/ C80
2022-02-16 08:14:53

Hi @Giu 

Thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry to reply you late. Forum has been busy recently. 

May I know which device are your MacOS and Pro windows connected to? Archer C80 or RE200?

You can login to Archer C80 and RE200 web management interface to check which device is connected to them. 

If your MacOS and Pro windows are connected to different device, please let your Pro win connect to the device to which the MacOS is connected and see if your Pro win still have the same issue. 

Options
2022-02-16 12:01:22

Hi  @Kevin_Z 

I have my ISP router set to bridge, wired to Archer C80 as the main/only router and RE200 connected through wireless creating a mesh network.

M desktop is dual boot, one SSD running Win10 and the other running MacOS Catalina.

The computer is wired to C80 and when I boot with MacOS I have no issue regarding internet speed, the performance is just like expected: 2/3ms ping, 300+ Mbps download and 150+ Mbps upload.

The issue is when I boot Win 10 my internet performance is quite horrible: high ping, very low download (10-30 Mbps) and upload (>5 Mbps) speed.

A solution to "kind of fix the issue" is to run CMD and use "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew". After running these commands my ping goes back to 2/3ms, my download speed goes to 300 Mbps but for some strange reason, my upload speed goes up only to around 15/16 Mbps - instead of 150 Mbps.

Archer C80 and RE200 are running the latest version and I certified that on Windows I have the latest updates, drivers, no network rules in place, VPN, etc. Also there is nothing going on in the background that could be affecting the network performance.

So I wonder, what could be the issue? The wireless performance is always good, as expected but when analysing wired connection, on MacOS is normal but on Windows is always horrible, forcing me every time to run ipconfig /release /renew.

Thanks

Options
2022-02-17 08:12:47

Hello @Giu, can I have the brand and model of the Ethernet adapter on this computer? Please check if there is a setting called "Flow Control", you may find it by going to cmd - type ncpa.cpl on Search and press enter - Right Click on Local Area Connection and Click on Properties - Click on Configure button - Click on Advanced Tab - Select Flow Control, please check what is the value, try the other option, then monitor again.

Options
2022-02-17 15:03:21 - last edited 2022-02-17 15:05:59

Hi @Kevin_Z thank you for the quick reply.

My mobo model is GIGABYTE Z370M AORUS Gaming-CF, running the latest BIOS update and Ethernet adapter shown is Intel Ethernet Connection I219-V (also with the last update).

Regarding the Flow Control, it's set to Rx & Tx Enabled. The other options are "Disabled, Rx enabled and Tx enabled" and I ran tests with all these available options selected.

Other related info: Energy Efficient Ethernet is disabled, System idle Power Saver is disabled and Speed & Duplex is 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex

Rx & Tx Enabled

First run, as expected showed a ping around 700-800ms and very low download&upload speeds. I forgot to capture the result so I ran a 2nd test, where the ping went back to the regular value but the speeds are the same crap:

Rx Enabled

Tx Enabled

Disabled

And final run back to Tx & Rx Enabled

So it seems no matter the flow control option I selected the result would be pretty much the same as if I had set ipconfig /release / renew.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

Options
2022-02-18 07:32:07

Hello @Giu, thank you very much for your update and thorough tests. 

Apologies as I am running out of solutions now. I know this can be frustrating and as much as I want to help I would like to escalate your case to our engineers, the engineering team will investigate to see if it is a concern in the router that can be resolved.

Options
2022-02-18 11:06:19

Thank you @Kevin_Z I appreciate your support.

It is really weird this issue since is directed related to my C80 with Windows 10.

I've just booted MacOS Catalina, opened Chrome and ran a test:

All good as expected, 2/3ms ping, 300+ Mbps download and 150+ Mbps upload

Options
Re:Performance de velocidade ruim no windows mas normal no macOs c/ C80-Solution
2022-03-02 14:28:00 - last edited 2022-03-04 11:19:58

Hi  @Kevin_Z 

I think I figure it out.

I was checking the APP Center of my motherboard - Gigabyte - and there was software related to network speed/traffic optimization called Gigabyte cFos Speed and for some reason, there was a conflict with Archer C80 (never had an issue before, with my IPS router) so I uninstalled this feature and problem is fixed.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-03-04 02:05:06

Giu wrote

Hi  @Kevin_Z 

I think I figure it out.

Great job, I'm glad to hear that. @Giu yes

I'm going to mark your reply as the “Recommended Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 433

Replies: 8

Related Articles