Twitter Media not loading

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-05 09:21:09
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200511 Rel.44954n

Morning all,

Bit of a weird issue here, which I'm hoping to get a bit of advice about.

I have a UK Vodafone 4g data sim, installed in a TP-Link Archer MR600 router. Connection is great, and I'm very pleased with the service, but over the last 2-3 days I have found I am unable to load Twitter media of any kind on an iPad or iPhone over my Wi-Fi without using a VPN, which still routing to a UK server. Research (well ok, Google) suggested it might be a DNS issue, but what is really confusing is that the same Wi-Fi connection works absolutely fine on a Windows machine.

Twitter was deleted, cache and data emptied, latest iOS update applied (15.3), latest Twitter version (8.98.1) reinstalled, the same issue occurs. I am at a loss to work out where the issue is so Apple, TP-Link, Twitter and Vodafone support will also be getting asked :-) Just trying to work my way through it.

Iain

Options
3 Reply
Re:Twitter Media not loading
2022-02-06 14:34:11

@Iain_L 

It's no help, I'm afraid, but I have exactly the same issue: a 4G connection using Vodafone and the TP-Link MR600, that loads absolutely everything else like lightning, but in the past three days Twitter seems paralysed on it - not loading media, in particular. Images on tweets, profiles, etc are all just grey blanks.

I think the issue resides with Vodafone, as my iPhone (also Vodafone), not using the wifi connection, is similarly paralysed.

Jon

Options
2022-02-06 15:39:36

@JKD,

Thanks for that. It is actually helpful to pick up any information I can. Out of interest, using a VPN means I have no issues accessing stuff right now.

Iain

Options
2022-02-06 15:46:52

@Iain_L 

Hi Iain,

Turns out the fault is nationwide, and definitely Vodafone's problem. They're getting heaps of complaints on, ironically, Twitter: 

https://twitter.com/VodafoneUK/with_replies...

I guess we just have to be patient now... 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 439

Replies: 3

Related Articles