Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

314 Reply
Re:Web UI Configuration
2022-12-09 09:22:25

@TP-Link Today I discovered a new issue with this app first approach.

I lost internet connectivity and dutifully opened the app to diagnose the problem. The app initially connected to the network but was unusable as it went ito a loop of informing me there was no internet connection and then trying to connect to cloud services. All I wanted to do was get to the reboot option but the app would not allow me to do that. It even suggested that I connect via mobile data. How exactly am I supposed to diagnose a router with no connection when connected to another network?

Luckily, your engineers did see fit to allow a router reboot on the web interface so I could use that.

The point here is that I tried to use your app first approach and it didn't work. In this instance a reboot solved the issue but if someone accidentally misconfigured a setting only available in the app that had caused a lack of connection, it would be impossible to fix with an app that requires an internet connection.

What would be the solution in this case? Reset the entire router and start from scratch?? Surely this goes against your goal of providing something that is easy for all users. Particularly those who are less tech savvy ad more likely to set something incorrectly.

Please give us the proper tool for router management - a web page served off the router that does not require any kind of external connection to function.

Options
2022-12-10 18:32:23

@TP-Link 

Please provide full administrative functionality through the web ui.  Performing functions such as renaming devices and administering parental controls is very tedious in the phone app and could be done much easier through a web interface. I really like the deco system and its ease of deployment but not having a fully functional web ui is a major deficiency.

Options
2022-12-12 12:24:54

@TP-Link I would like to join the rank of users in line requesting a WEB UI and this is beyond any reason that you haven´t thought of this? 

The fact that you request input of what options you would like to "add" is a insult, are you joking?

You are TP-Link, you know exactly what to add, stop stalling.

ADD EVERYTHING ELSE YOU HAVE FOR ROUTERS. 

*Mic drop*

Options
2022-12-15 16:32:58

@TP-Link Please add a web ui configuration, it's very usefull. Thanks @TP-Link 

Options
2022-12-18 10:47:58

@TP-Link i have moved from an opnsense setup to the Deco X50 after previously using the M5 in access point mode. I looked at upgrading to AX network and Wifi 6 and initially used the ZenWifi XT8 in full router mode, which when worked was a brilliant setup, you still had a lot of configuration in the GUI interface and was easier to manage the mobile app. I had to return as there was a hardware fault and could not get a replacement :(

So I tried the Zyxel Multy M1 which wasn't really consumer friendly and had poor throughput speeds, but again had a more advanced GUI interface than the Deco systems.

I switched to the X50 due to how the good the M5 was in terms of reliability and on initial setup had some speed throughput issues which were resolved by a firmware update, and now looking to stick with it, but the GUI interface is very limited, even my older TP-Link routers and travel routers have better GUI interface and configuration operations.

So please, add better configuration options into the GUI as this is definitely needed, especially if your WiFi is down for some reason or your mobile is broken and can't be used

Options
2022-12-25 16:51:56

@TP-Link 

This is really annoying... all configuration functions should be available locally via a browser interface.  I shouldn't have to connect to the cloud to configure a router that's right in front of me.

My phone is stuck in a connection loop... since I don't have another device that I can put the app on my only option at this point is to do a full reset of the router. 

Options
2022-12-27 03:06:56

@TP-Link 

No . browser . interface . was . the . STUPIDEST . idea . EVER!!

Back go the Decos... Oh well, I'll find a brand with some concern and respect for the techy user.

Have a nice day!

Options
2022-12-28 13:22:52 - last edited 2022-12-28 13:23:59

@TP-Link

I like my Deco X20 3-pack. My wife did the Deco app setup on her Iphone 13 and she liked that. But I have an old Iphone 7 with a small screen and don't like that for Deco management. I would much prefer a Web UI configuration.

Options
2022-12-29 01:26:32

@TP-Link Told my parents about not getting a TP-Link based product but a brother of mine insisted on getting these tplink decos, guess what we're stuck with now? a router which basically only acts as a cr4p access point as we basically had to put all of them on access point mode, and basically no access to these routers if we had an internet outage (please note that i live in indonesia and we had telkom's Indihome as our isp), cant even do a basic checkup on if the issue itself is the isp ONT or the deco, or the switch because we basically just cant configure anything, "oh well u can configure it from the deco app" oh well guess what, they need internet connectivity to connect to tplink's endpoint then to our phone, which basically is not an option while we had something like an internet outage, i've seen some post on the openwrt forum regarding the openwrt support for these deco m5 v3, might move to openwrt firmware once they had approved support for it (well these decos are actually based on a openwrt that are customized to tplink's need so i hope the openwrt community would one day fully support these decos) and would've actually returned these deco if i've noticed the lack of the webui much sooner and if the return policy of the online marketplace that i purchased the deco from wouldve allowed me to retunr these deco, once again please provide us support for it, atleast give us access to a dasboard similiar to deco4isp, and maybe give us full local router configuration access later on

Options
2023-01-12 14:06:27

@TP-Link 

Current model XE75

• Please provide a full management web UI from computer browsers on the local subnet
  • Please add the ability to use vlan tagging with multiple SSIDs in AP Mode

Options

Voters 172

+ 168 Voters