TP-Link Ax73 Router - Unable to Update Microsoft Defender on Wireless Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-09 14:22:37 - last edited 2022-03-30 09:49:17
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2 Build 2011222 rel. 74632(5553)

Hello All,

I am using my Office laptop which has got Windows Defender, I am unable to update the antivirus definations when using the Wireless Router Tplink Ax73

While when I update the same antivirus with my Mobile Hotspot Works Fine.

Conditions to note

I am using CiscoAnyconnect While using both Wireless and Mobile Hotspot so i don't think anything is block from VPN Side

Any Suggestions for the same

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-Link Ax73 Router - Unable to Update Microsoft Defender on Wireless Network-Solution
2022-03-30 09:49:04 - last edited 2022-03-30 09:49:17

Hello All Applying the Latest Firmware from the below TP link 

Advisory for Frequent DNS Requests on Related Routers has fixed my issue for now

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3329/

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:TP-Link Ax73 Router - Unable to Update Microsoft Defender on Wireless Network
2022-02-10 03:16:24

surutshah wrote

Hello All,

I am using my Office laptop which has got Windows Defender, I am unable to update the antivirus definations when using the Wireless Router Tplink Ax73

Conditions to note

I am using CiscoAnyconnect While using both Wireless and Mobile Hotspot so i don't think anything is block from VPN Side

Hello @surutshah, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Can you please confirm where were you updating the antivirus definitions? For the Windows Defender? If possible, we would like to have a screenshot when it fails to update when connecting to the AX73 network, thank you.

BTW, are you enabling HomeShield or are you subscribing to HomeShield Pro on the AX73? If yes, please show us the Real-Time Protection page on the Tether app, does it block something?

Options
Re:TP-Link Ax73 Router - Unable to Update Microsoft Defender on Wireless Network
2022-02-10 15:53:52

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your promt response

Please find my answers inline

Can you please confirm where were you updating the antivirus definitions? For the Windows Defender? If possible, we would like to have a screenshot when it fails to update when connecting to the AX73 network, thank you.

I am updating the Antivirus Definations in my Office Laptop, at my Home ( currenlty working from home ) ISP Provider is YouBroadband 

BTW, are you enabling HomeShield or are you subscribing to HomeShield Pro on the AX73? If yes, please show us the Real-Time Protection page on the Tether app, does it block something?

I am using HomeSheild but not the Premuim Version - Attaching the screenshots where i have highlighted my Computer connecting

Options
2022-02-11 03:56:11

@surutshah 

Hello, will you be able to update the antivirus definitions if you connect the laptop to the AX73 via cable?

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Options
2022-02-11 07:58:57

@Kevin_Z Hi Kevin,

Its looks like connecting the System directly to the Router via Cable has worked to update the Antivirus, Please let me know what need to be done to fix the same on Wireless Network

Options
2022-02-11 10:37:04

@surutshah That's good to know. Why the Antivirus Definations update fails when connecting to the 5GHz network, I guess you may need to discuss with the support engineers further. Have you received the email from them?

Options
2022-02-11 10:47:19

@Kevin_Z No Reply yet from any of the support engineers. I can share my contact details if required in a DM

Options
2022-02-11 12:10:50

surutshah wrote

@Kevin_Z No Reply yet from any of the support engineers. I can share my contact details if required in a DM

@surutshah They will. Please wait and check your email box later.

Options
2022-02-11 13:32:12

surutshah wrote

Hello All,

Conditions to note

@surutshah 

Options
Re:TP-Link Ax73 Router - Unable to Update Microsoft Defender on Wireless Network-Solution
2022-03-30 09:49:04 - last edited 2022-03-30 09:49:17

Hello All Applying the Latest Firmware from the below TP link 

Advisory for Frequent DNS Requests on Related Routers has fixed my issue for now

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3329/

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 600

Replies: 9

Related Articles