Duplex mismatch inconsistency WPA7510

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-20 11:33:57
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there

I recently introduced a second WPA7510 extender to my home network. This second one I put in my kitchen as it is furthest away from the router in the loft and other extender (which is on the first floor) and it's been in the kitchen where I was having connectivity issues. The issue is this second extender occasionally has Powerline and Ehernet LEDS which turn red - I looked this up here https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/432/ which tells me this is due to less than optimal speeds. Switching it off and on again or moving it to another plug in the kitchen generally seems to restore all lights to a healthy green, but again, occasionally they slip to red and my devices prefer not to connect to it and seek out the main router or other extender with less success. I guess it could be down to a drop in speed due to the service or demand but the inconsistency makes me wonder if it's something else or something I can do about this.

I understand from a few Google searches that this could also be down to a 'duplex mismatch' which means nothing to me and more info here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duplex_mismatch.

I have 200MB/s speed in theory from Virgin Media but I don't get anywhere near this (I use apple / mac devices)

Any advice? Appreciate it could be a combination of factors or something I've not even thought about

J

Options
1 Reply
Re:Duplex mismatch inconsistency WPA7510
2022-02-22 02:18:55

Hello  @Johnnny 

RED powerline (House) Led on powerline device usually means poor powerline environment and tat that time it is still paired and should have internet connection. That's mainly determined by house powerline itself, like powerline quality,  noise or electrical interference in the powerline, distance (signal gets weaker when travels longer in powerline circuit ) , etc. FAQ: What do TP-Link Powerline adapter’s LED lights stand for?

• Try to eliminate the affect from other home apliances as instruction here:  What can I do if my powerline rate is very low? 
  • Try to use the powerline unit of the same speed
  • try a different wall socket / or a different location for the powerline unit 
  • Download tpPLC Utility check the powerline rate  between the powerline unit 

If the powerline rate is still very low , the socket/ the powerline environment in that location may not very suitable to use a powerline unit. 

1) May I know what are the models of the powerline units, and how do they connected, e.g Router XX  - TL-PA4010 (living room first floor)  ____ powerline TL-WPA4220(in kitchen on  second floor ) 2) a photo of the powerline rate on tpPLC Utlity

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 188

Replies: 1

Related Articles