AX50 / AX3000 Slowish wireless, horribly slow wired

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-06 13:15:02 - last edited 2022-03-06 13:16:21
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1.1

Original setup Virgin Hub3 on a 350Mb contract.

Consistently seeing 320-400Mb

Put Hub into modem mode and attached AX50

Now seeing around 90 wired but 250 wireless.. Wireless is still slower than before but might be just lots of traffic. Why is wired so poor though ?

Another thread mentions QoS, (a) its not relevant in this context and (b) its off anyway.

Router software has been updated. and is current. I've tried different cables in different ports on the router with no change. 

Why is wired so bad .? At this speed its unusable and will have to send the AX50 back and go back to the Hub3 :(

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX50 / AX3000 Slowish wireless, horribly slow wired
2022-03-06 16:56:09

@999frogs 

Hi,

If you don't mind the effort, then perform a Factory Default Restore on the AX50 and then test the speed again without adjusting any settings on the router except those that are essential for establishing the connection to the Internet. (also don't log in to TP-Link Cloud at this point)

If the speed is still slow, then I guess there is nothing more you could do.

In case you get higher speeds now, then you would have to go forward like, change setting -> test speed -> change another setting -> test speed, and so on, until you have found what causes the speed to drop.

Anyway, I only have a 200 Mbps-rated Internet connection that averages around 220 Mbps in reality and I get this speed wirelessly as well as wired with my AX50 router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 1

Related Articles