Internet connection not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-09 08:14:12
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V14
Firmware Version:

The internet LED is solid orange, and I've logged on to the quick set up but nothing is working, I've just moved in to my place and the wifi came with the place and it comes out of my rent so I'm paying for internet. As you can see it just says disconnected and i don't know what to do

Options
3 Reply
Re:Internet connection not working
2022-03-10 07:11:19

Hi @Xan1624            

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Please unplug the Ethernet cable from the TL-WR841N blue port and plug it into your computer to connect your PC directly to the internet source( modem or Ethernet socket on the wall) and see if you can get internet. 

If you can't get internet access, please contact your internet service provider. 

If you are able to access internet, please refer to below guide to copy your PC's MAC address to your TP-Link router, then test if your TL-WR841N can connect to internet. 

How do I clone MAC address to TL-WR820N?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2022-03-10 15:37:33

@Wayne-TP I don't have a computer unfortunately, what happens is it'll connect to my phone, iOS, and say it's connected to wifi, but the internet itself isn't connected so nothing will load, my internet is covered by the property owner so should I ask them about it? Because I can only assume something needs to be activated

Options
2022-03-15 07:46:44

Hi @Xan1624    

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Yes, if you don't have a computer to troubleshoot, it's better to contact the property owner and see what's wrong with the internet and confirm what is your internet connection type. Maybe your internet connection type is not dynamic but PPoE and you need PPPoE username and password to configure the router. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 752

Replies: 3

Related Articles