Only way to make Archer MR 600 V2 re-establish internet is to swap sim card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-09 17:55:42
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200511 Rel.44954n

I've had my MR600 for almost 1 year with constant daily use. In recent months however I am more frequently getting long internet drop-outs  (more than 20 minutes) where the sim will remain recognized but be disconnect with no IP address or DNS. The display on the router will also no longer show the Internet and 4G+ icons as on.

No matter if I soft reboot, hard reboot, with sim card left in or taken out, the connection is not reestablished. Aplogies but I do not have any screenshots to show this at this time but will capture for next time.

The only way I have found to get the internet back is to put another active sim (typically from my phone) into the router. This will get recognized and internet running again. I then take this sim out and put back in the original sim and all will be working again.

The Sim is from Lebara and is unlimited data and I know it works, because I have put it into my phone whenever this problem has occurred just to check it's not a sim problem and it will have full data access. This issue is happening more and more frequently and may also be happening during the night for all I know too.

What I would say about this sim and it's true of the other sims I use to get the connection working again is they are all micro sims that need me to use the sim adaptor.

Just wondered if I anyone else was suffering the same and if this too was the only way to get the internet connection working again.

Lastly, because of the constant sim switching the sticker used to tape the micro sim to the sim adaptor is ruined. Are these widely available from TP-link?

best regards

Options
7 Reply
Re:Only way to make Archer MR 600 V2 re-establish internet is to swap sim card
2022-03-09 18:13:00

Hang on a minute..the router suggests I'm on the latest firmware but reading some posts here V2 should be on at least 1.5..I'll keep digging but wanted to post back here to see if I'm actually way behind and need to manually update the firmware 

Options
2022-03-10 15:12:16

Dispute the router insisting the firmware is up to date I found what I believe is the correct and latest firmware version: MR600v2_1.5.0_..9.1...

However when I try to apply the .bin file I get an error: 71211 Failed to upload update file please select correct file.

So I'm kind of stuck with what I think is an old firmware version and these persistent sim connectivity issues.

Any help out there?

Options
2022-03-10 17:18:35

Dropped out again. I waited 30 minutes to see if it would restore itself but no luck and no matter changing from 4G Preferred to 4G only and 3G only and even full reboot nothing worked except for switching Sims.

This is annoying.

Options
2022-03-15 01:57:33

@Dixyburger 

Hi, Based on the screenshot, your MR600 is V1 instead of V2, that is why you are unable to update the firmware for V2.

For V1, please download the latest firmware on the following website:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-mr600/v1/#Firmware

After updating the firmware, if problem still happens, please also update the ISP file on Advanced->Network->ISP Update page, you could download the ISP file here:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-mr600/v1/#ISP_File

If problem still happens, please send me screenshots of Advanced->Status page when internet works fine and also when internet stops working for comparison.

Please don't reboot the router next time, and you could save a system log file on Advanced->System Tools->System Log page and share it with us.

Options
2022-03-15 08:54:19

@Sunshine well that's embarrassing...why did I assume I was on V2??! Thanks or spotting my mistake.

I'll download V1 and apply. Incidentally I opened a support call for the disconnect issue. The suggested solution was to create a APN profile which I've done and so far so good, no disconnects over the last 48 hours. I'll continue to monitor and upgrade the firmware now I know - shame  the support team did not pick up on the same after I provided them the same information.

Options
2022-03-16 08:08:36

@Dixyburger 

Hi, thank you very much for the reply, glad to hear that it seems to be more stable now after creating APN profile manually, you could also monitor it for longer time, and if necessary, update to the latest firmware for V1.

Please let us know if there is any further issue.

Options
2022-03-16 09:29:09

@Sunshine firmware upgraded. Will continue to monitor with and without profile set. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1105

Replies: 7