ip cam on 4g lte router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ip cam on 4g lte router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ip cam on 4g lte router
ip cam on 4g lte router
2022-03-14 15:42:25
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Please can someone help!

I want to run an IP camera connected by ethernet to the router in a remote wildlife location and then stream the output to a website. 

I have set up dynamic dns with tp link dns - to get a virtual fixed ip.

I have set up Virtual servers (NAT) with the cameras two streaming ports (80 and 554)

But I am not able to log into the camera's feed on the internet.

I also have enabled remote managemnt of the router on port 8080 but am not able to log into that over the internet either.

Is this to do with the sim (I am using an O2 data sim in the UK).

Very grateful for advice.

Options
5 Reply
Re:ip cam on 4g lte router
2022-03-15 01:30:34

@scottzahara 

Hi, please check the Internet IP address on Advanced->Status page to see if it is a public IP address or not. Most mobile operators assign private IP address now, if your SIM is getting private IP address, that means there is another NAT in the front(since you are using SIM card to have internet, that should be on O2 side), that is why port forwarding and remote management are not working, you could try to contact O2 to see if they could assign a real public IP address to you.

Options
2022-03-15 09:33:44

@Sunshine thank you - yes that makes sense I will try a different provider

Options
2022-03-16 07:56:29

@scottzahara 

You are welcome, if you have any further question on our product, please let us know.

Options
2022-03-16 09:20:11

I think it is not possible in the unto get a fixed up sim and therefore to stream an ip camera  @scottzahara 

Options
2022-03-17 10:17:35

@scottzahara 

Hi, Dynamic internet IP is also okay, but it needs to be a public IP address to avoid double NAT.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 989

Replies: 5

Related Articles