WR940N (v6.1) Range Extender Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-17 13:51:20
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 21111

Hello!

I just tried to setup the Range Extender mode of the WR940N router but the internet connection is very unstable. It connects to the root router but I cannot visit any website. Both connections are fully working. I use the Netgear EX3700 Wi-Fi Extender as root Wi-Fi. I also tried to connect to any other router I own but I get the same results. I have flashed the latest firmware and also tried the WDS bridge mode. For reference, I have a WR820N router and it connects to the root router just fine.

Any solutions?

Thank you in advance!

Options
2 Reply
Re:WR940N (v6.1) Range Extender Problems
2022-03-18 03:41:54

@malekmaroc7 

Do you mean the WR940N is connected to the Netgear EX3700 Wi-Fi Extender via Wi-Fi? Is the WDS status on the WR940N RUN or something else? Below is the guide to configure WDS on WR940N, please review all the settings and ensure all are correct:

How to configure WDS function on TP-Link Wireless Routers (new logo)?

Bear in mind that WDS may have compatibility among different brands and models as stated by terziyski in the following thread, so we cannot guarantee WR940N can work with the Netgear properly:

Can't get my AC 1750: Archer C7 v2 to work as wireless range extender. Says "Run" but no internet.

Options
Re:WR940N (v6.1) Range Extender Problems
2022-03-18 10:33:12

@Kevin_Z 

Yes, I try to connect it over Wi-Fi and the status is RUN. However I cannot visit certain websites (e.g. Speedtest.net) and my devices get "0.0.0.0" both as Gateway and Subnet mask.

I have followed the guides you have provided yesterday but still the same result.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 316

Replies: 2

Related Articles