Not all wires in the ethernet port?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-26 16:42:17 - last edited 2022-04-26 03:06:58
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: I didn't buy it yet

Hello,

I don't really understand why there aren't all the wires in the ethernet ports. Can someone explain why and does it affect performance? Other powerline adapters such as the

TL-PA7017KIT have all the wires in the ports. IDK why TP-Link decided to remove some them on this unit.

Also I would like to know what is the difference between the revisions or "Hardware versions" of this product.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Not all wires in the ethernet port?-Solution
2022-04-08 08:45:38 - last edited 2022-04-26 03:06:58

Don't we all love those flat out useless cut&paste "support" answers that don't even line up with the question?

Alas ... how come these Ethernet ports have only four contacts? That would be because 100-Mbit cables actually use only two wire pairs, one each for Receive and Transmit. Gigabit (and up) uses four pairs.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Not all wires in the ethernet port?-Solution
2022-04-08 08:45:38 - last edited 2022-04-26 03:06:58

Don't we all love those flat out useless cut&paste "support" answers that don't even line up with the question?

Alas ... how come these Ethernet ports have only four contacts? That would be because 100-Mbit cables actually use only two wire pairs, one each for Receive and Transmit. Gigabit (and up) uses four pairs.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 323

Replies: 1

Related Articles