Can't create new thread - 'Content or title contains illegal external links' error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't create new thread - 'Content or title contains illegal external links' error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Can't create new thread - 'Content or title contains illegal external links' error
2022-12-13 01:37:34

SingletrackMind wrote

@RD222

I just had this same problem at it was the use of ellipse (...) in a simple sentence that was causing it.  Terribly annoying.

Same for me, I tend to use triple-period (dot dot dot) a lot in my sentences. I kept getting that illegal link message. Changed all my triple dots to commas and could finally post. Ugh.

Options
Re:Can't create new thread - 'Content or title contains illegal external links' error
2022-12-27 16:51:29

@Kevin_Z Fortunatly this thread is the first result in Google for 'Content or title contains illegal external links', otherwise I'd be dead in the water. Yes, it may be a certain combination of words, too many elipses, or something else that triggers the spam filter. The problem is that the editor does not indicate where the problem lies. Therfore when someone spends time using the rich capibilities of the fancy editor they receive a generic error preventing them from posting or even saving a draft. 

You're losing information from your customers with this editor's settings the way they are.

Options
Related Articles