Cannot port forward on AX1500

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-27 20:28:02 - last edited 2022-03-28 01:05:03
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

Hello,

I've been attempting to port forward for a while now starting on my Rogers XB6 Ignite modem/router. Any attempt to port forward using Ignite failed, so I bit the bullet and decided to get an Archer AX1500 in an attempt to bridge the modem to the router. I've tried enabling bridge mode and port forwarding through AX1500's router website, setting my device's DHCP to reserved, and the ports are still closed. I've tried enabling DMZ on AX1500 and scanning all common ports and every single port is still closed. I've also tried enabling DMZ on the XB6 modem and assigning it to AX1500's device IP, then port forwarding again using the same method, and all ports are still closed. Any help would be appreciated.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Cannot port forward on AX1500
2022-03-28 12:03:01

@neekan 

Given your description, it's worth to check your Ignite gateway modem WAN (internet) IP address and see if it's really public.

Both methods:

1. Ignite gateway modem in bridge mode and AX1500 as your main router
  2. Ignite gateway modem as main router with DMZ set to AX1500 WAN (Internet port IP address

would do the job when trying to open a port if the IP address received by your ISP is public.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-03-28 22:46:35 - last edited 2022-03-28 22:48:22

@terziyski

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by checking to see if my Ignite gateway WAN is public, but checking both configurations you listed gave me this:

Ignite AX1500
Information

WAN Network

Edit

WAN Network Status: Active Auto WAN
WAN IP Address (IPv4): 174.XXX.XXX.X
WAN IP Address (IPv6): 2607:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Rogers Network

View

Internet: Active
WAN IP Address: 174.XXX.XXX.X
WAN IPv6 Address: 2607:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
DHCP Client: Enabled
DHCP Expire Time: 0d:23h:29m
Internet

Internet Connection Type : Dynamic IP
IP Address : 174.XXX.XXX.X
Public IP Ignite gateway modem in bridge mode and AX1500 as your main router   X
Public IP Ignite gateway modem as main router with DMZ set to AX1500 WAN X

Port forward working using above configs? No No

AX1500's WAN is their DHCP address I'm assuming? 10.0.0.XXx  . I tried to check if my ports where open using both Ignite's WAN while AX1500 was in DMZ, and AX1500's WAN, neither worked.

Options
2022-03-29 01:36:54 - last edited 2022-03-29 01:41:01

@neekan 

Open the following URL: www<dot>myipaddress<dot>com/ and compare the IP address from the browser with your Ignite gateway WAN IP address (174.X.X.X) - they should match.

If they don't match then that's the issue.

If they do match then the problem is with your port-forwarding configuration or with the service you're trying to access with this port-forwarding.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-03-29 03:25:16

@terziyski 

Currently, I'm bridged to my AX1500 using it as my router. When I visit www<dot>myipaddress<dot>com/ , it lists my IP as the WAN of the AX1500, and vice versa if I was using Ignite as my router. Do you mean my IP should match my Ignite WAN even if I'm not using Ignite as my router?

I was able to port forward just fine with any port I wanted back when I had the Rogers Hitron modem/router, but no dice since I received the XB6.

Port forwarding as follows:

Assign a static DHCP IP to device (In range of my DHCP)

Assign port to open (minecrafts 25565 for example)

Assign both TCP/UDP protocols

Checking any port checker website for the port opened, still closed.

I've tried DMZ, turning off firewalls, turning off routers firewalls, restarting routers and gateway after port forwarding and still nothing :(.

Options
2022-03-29 03:36:01

@neekan 

If you're bridged to the AX1500 then the IP address on AX1500's WAN port should match the browser's IP address.

If you use the ISP modem/router as a main router then it's WAN should match the the browser's IP address.

In either case it means that the 174.X.X.X is your public IP address and that's fine.

So the issue is with the port-forwarding or the minecraft server itself.

Keep the ISP modem/router bridged and check this thread for more details on the port-forwarding for minecraft.

Options
2022-03-29 22:23:19

@terziyski 

I appreciate your time and effort in helping me find a solution, will try the thread you linked. If nothing works I'll probably just contact my ISP and see if they can troubleshoot it.

Thank you.

Options
2022-03-29 22:37:30

@terziyski 

I fixed it, or should I say it was always working. I hadn't realized that in order to SEE if the port was open on canyouseeme, you actually had to have the server/service running. Luckily I love the router and don't think I'll ever switch back to rogers ignites router website.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2097

Replies: 7

Related Articles