Pairing keeps failing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Pairing keeps failing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Pairing keeps failing
Pairing keeps failing
2022-03-29 07:50:28
Model: TL-WPA8631P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've installed my TL-WPA8631P Kit as in the quick installation guide.  The power light on the adapter went out so I turned to the pairing instructions and followed these.  Unfortunately, the power light on the adapter keeps going out.  The power light on the extender flashes.

Can anyone help me find a way to keep the pairing permanent, please?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Pairing keeps failing
2022-03-30 07:00:46

Hello   @Mr_Rusty 

Can you check when the lights goes off, do you have internet access from powerline extenders. 

Power Saving mode is ON on powerline unit by default, try to disable power saving mode  and see if lights stays on or not. 

How to enable/disable power saving mode on powerline adapters?

Can you take a photo showing the Leds are OFF? What is the hardware version  of your powerline unit? And how often does the power led goes off, you could try a different wall outlet incase its a bad socket. 

Options
2022-03-31 10:21:10

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for your reply.

When the light goes off I still have internet access.

I downloaded the tp-PLC app and disabled the power saving.

Not sure how good the photo will be but I have attached one.

I couldn't find a hardware version on the adapter, just a serial number, and a Mac address.

The light did go out frequently.  However, with the one change (disabling the power saving) the lights have stabilized and stay on. Coincidence or not?!

Options
2022-03-31 14:48:00 - last edited 2022-03-31 15:04:37

@Mr_Rusty hello, if internet is still working when the leds goes off, that should be caused by power-saving mode. 

Glad to know the leds stays on right now. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 3

Related Articles