Powerline not working correctly with DLNA server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-27 19:53:37
Region : Australia

Model : TL-PA211

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have four powerline devices all paired together using the push button technique.

I have
1x on the router
1x on my PC (where I stream media from)
2x on 2 separate TV's in the house.

I use a DLNA server (serviio) to stream media to the TV's and it cuts out after 30 mins. I'm getting the correct wired listing listed on my TV's in setting so I know it's all set up and paired. Yet when I turn off the powerline (ethernet over power) units on the TV and use Wifi on the TV it streams fine. Often the Serviio icon will not be listed in sources yet as soon as i switch to Wifi it works perfectly.

Devices seem connected to net fine and have checked the settings in the TV.

I also attempted to use the utility to check yet I'm placing in the correct password for the device and it's suggesting it's invalid. Yet I'm sure as per the instruction it's correct. Not the utility device runs very slow and unresponsive and can't even use it.

EDIT Re last line: password now as I figured out you can't use caps lock but need to use SHIFT for upper case letters. Updated the firmware and the utility works fine and they are all definitely listed as paired. It's still not working as per my original question above....
Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline not working correctly with DLNA server
2013-07-29 07:14:10
Well I've figured out the password issue. to put in the password and need to use SHIFT rather than 'caps lock' to put in the upper case letters.

All powerline adaptors are listed as paired in the management utility but the ones on the TV do not seem to accept the data sent from the PC via DLNA.

it definitely works when the TV is on a wireless connection though.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 434

Replies: 1

Related Articles