will scheduled reboot still happen even if there is an internet drop???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-07 20:17:13
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0

its rare but

1) a few times in the year the internet connection may suddenly drop for no reason

or

2) the internet connection may drop due to a momentary power cut off and on

either way a reboot sorts this issue

If I am away from home for a few days and this happens then its a painfull journey back just to reboot!!!!...and this has happened once!!!

So I am thinking if I setup a scheduled daily reboot then this should sort it!!!

so the question I have is: if I schedule a daily reboot, will this reboot happen even if there is a drop in internet connection????.... is the scheduled reboot stored in the router itself or is a command that comes from the cloud???

Al

Options
3 Reply
Re:will scheduled reboot still happen even if there is an internet drop???
2022-04-08 21:58:56

@AlanKav 

>if I schedule a daily reboot, will this reboot happen even if there is a drop in internet connection????

Yes, your MR200 will reboot even if you experience a connection drop; as long as your MR200's system clock is correct.

>is the scheduled reboot stored in the router itself or is a command that comes from the cloud???

AFAIK, the schedule is stored locally, in the router's configuration file. the only thing that needs to be correct is the system clock, because as far as i can tell; the router looks at the schedule & compares it to the clock

hope this helps

Options
2022-04-09 07:33:16

@M585583 

thank you kindly

Options
2022-04-09 12:27:54
You are welcome
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 316

Replies: 3

Related Articles