Incredibly low wifi speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-14 10:18:01 - last edited 2022-04-14 10:21:08
Model: RE500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210611 Real. 180628

Hi there I connected the RE500X to my vodafone station with wifi 6 ( fiber optics connection with speeds up to 500-700mb)

I configured my extender to max speed but the most I can get out of it (only tried its wifi connection because it is the only connection I would need) is 100mb.

Is there a way to configure it manually to increase the dl speed? ( the distance to the router is 10 meters so not very far)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Incredibly low wifi speed
2022-04-18 06:51:30 - last edited 2022-04-18 06:58:00

Hello  @MatCev 

Thank you for your feedback.  As Range extender receives data from the router and then forward it to the connected clients and speed will decrease during the transmission,  the speed of router at RE's location is quite important. 

• For dual-band RE, when perform a speed test, try test RE's 5Ghz Wi-Fi band which usually has faster speed than 2.4Ghz wifi
  • you could refer to the thread below to troubleshooting

What should I do if Internet speed becomes slow via Range Extender?

Can you help  provide some  information below to check if the speed is reasonable:

1. Speed test result from router's  at the RE's location, this is to check how much speed range extender could receive speed from router ; Wi-Fi  link speed  (How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client)

2. Speedtest result of RE's 5Ghz Wi-Fi  & Wi-Fi  link speed 

Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 228

Replies: 1

Related Articles