AX10 as access point, no wireless internet, wired works

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-14 20:38:48 - last edited 2022-06-23 10:17:48
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20220117 Rel. 52085(4555)

Hi,

I have the AX10 setup as a wireless access point.

The AX10 is connected to the main router via the WAN port.

One desktop computer is connected via ethernet to the AX10 and has internet.

AX10 settings:

wireless network is setup as smart.

DHCP is off.

Both main router and AX10 have the same SSID and password

Giving the AX10 different SSID didn't help.

Any advice?

Options
5 Reply
Re:AX10 as access point, no wireless internet, wired works
2022-04-15 07:34:50

@PaulSait 

Your configuration seems right.

Use these recommended wireless settings:

If you're connecting successfully to one of the AX10 wireless bands (2.4Ghz or 5GHz) you should have Internet access.

If you can't connect to AX10 wireless SSIDs, try setting Version and Encryption to "Auto" and test again.

If you still can't connect to Internet with this phone then try with another one to exclude issues with this particular phone.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-04-15 11:46:55

@terziyski 

I did the wireless setup as you said.

Tried both the phone and a laptop, both connect to the AX10, get an IP from the main router but both can't access the internet.

This happens on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

Anything else that I can try?

Options
2022-04-15 13:52:55 - last edited 2022-04-15 13:53:24

@PaulSait 

Yes, from your laptop (wirelessly connected to AX10) try pinging the URL "google.com", then the Ip address "8.8.8.8", then your main router LAN IP address.

If you don't receive a ping response only from "google.com" then you have a DNS issue, which would be weird.

In general the LAN ports of AX10 and its wireless SSIDs are bridged, so if you have Internet access on your PC (cabled to AX10) you should have Internet access wirelessly connected to AX10 as well.

Make sure that you have configure AX10 in AP mode following this guide - Case 1.

If everything is checked and it's correct so far, reset AX10 to factory defaults and re-configure from scratch.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-04-17 05:43:41

@terziyski 

I've started with a factory reset.

I've read and followed the guide you've sent, the AX10 is setup as an AP.

No combination of WIFI settings helped.

The problem wasn't solved by resetting and configuring again.

I don't know if this helps, but the main router is a Zyxel VMG8825-B50B.

The AX10 can't ping www.google.com or 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

It can't ping my ISP's DNS either.

It can ping the main router on it's default gateway.

The main router can ping the AX10.

Any wireless client connected to the AX10 gets an IP from the main router and can ping it, but can't access the internet.

The wired PC is connected and has access to the internet, as before.

Options
2022-04-17 10:49:24 - last edited 2022-04-17 10:58:13

@PaulSait 

I would say that this is an abnormal behavior.

Your main router model shouldn't matter, moreover you have an Internet access trough AX10's LAN ports.

But to exclude this possibility you could use another main router (for example in a friends's premises) with AX10 in AP mode and if this issue persists I would assume that your AX10 is defective.

Or test AX10 in "router mode" with your Zyxel router and see if that makes any difference.

In any case you can contact your retailer or your local tech support for further assistance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 600

Replies: 5