TL-MR100 broadcasting hidden ssid while random disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-16 05:14:43 - last edited 2022-04-16 05:17:30
Model: TL-MR100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Build 210601

@TP-Link  hello tp link, I recently encountered issue of random disconnection in TP-LINK router Mr100, while reaching the available wifi network in area, I discovered a new ssid named ("wifi"2 ) available...at this time my wifi got disconnected for randomly...the ssid randomly appears in surrounding even, no guest network is enable on single band router...

Please look into this matter, as it is a pain in........ thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-MR100 broadcasting hidden ssid while random disconnecting
2022-04-18 06:09:51

@Namann1 

Thank you very much for the feedback. May I know if your have any other WiFi access point or range extender?

And are you able to connect it by using the same password?

When you see the "wifi"2 in the available WiFi list, please turn off the MR100 and check if it is still there.

In addition, based on the screenshot, the "wifi" shows no internet, so when problem happens, you are still able to connect your normal wifi but no internet access, right? will it recover automatically or you have to reboot the router to get internet again? And is internet via wired connection working stable?

Options
2022-04-18 06:46:56

@Sunshine thanks for the reply sunshine..

So for the first question...

No, I do not have any range extender or wifi access point other than only MR100 router for my regular use ..

For the second concern, I have turned off, even rebooted, but every time network "wifi" 2 appears....when it was previously there...then only

Even if I connect to "wifi"2 it has internet connection and works like original ssid...but it disappears randomly too...

For the third concern the, no internet on orignal ssid remain only for few seconds and comes back to normal with internet access..and I can connect to it normally...

Now for wired connection it is working fine, 

Options
2022-04-19 01:50:26

@Namann1 

Hi, thank you very much for the reply.

When the "wifi" 2 appears, if you turn off the MR100, will the "wifi" 2 disappear?

And when "wifi" recovers automatically, will the "wifi" 2 disappear immediately or it will stay available for longer time and disappear automatically?

It is recommended to use wifi analyzer or inssider etc. to scan the available wifi networks and send me the screenshots, please also send me a picture of the product label on the bottom of the MR100.

By the way, did you try to lock the 4G band and WiFi channel on this MR100? the problem only happens with auto band and channel or also happens with fixed band and channel?

Options
2022-04-19 02:22:42 - last edited 2022-04-19 02:23:45

@Sunshine thanks for the reply,

When "wifi" 2 appears, if I turn off router, it disappears with the original ssid together...

When wifi recovers, "wifi"2  stayes active for longer times, and disappear randomly...

The problem happens randomly, if I again encounter this I will take more screenshot in wifi analyzer...

No, I have not changed anything from factory default status...I will try to manually select band and channel when it occurs...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 487

Replies: 4