Scheduled reboot in Access Point mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-23 17:41:41 - last edited 2022-06-23 10:14:42
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

When I'm in Access Point mode, I can't set scheduled reboots. Scheduled reboots are available, but only in Router mode. Please change the firmware to so that the user can set scheduled reboots when in Access Point mode.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Scheduled reboot in Access Point mode
2022-04-24 09:20:13

@natsbar 

Configure the schedule reboot while in router mode and then switch to AP mode. The device should retain these settings.

Refer this FAQ.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-04-24 10:33:45 - last edited 2022-04-24 10:34:36

@terziyski 

Thank you. I followed your instructions, did a test, went into Router Mode, set up Auto Reboot, and returned to Access Point Mode. The Auto Reboot did not occur. Apparently once in Access Point Mode, Auto Reboot is completely disabled.

According to the FAQ you referred to, it looks like the AX6000 is like the Archer A6 which does not support Auto Reboot or LED Control in Access Point Mode.

There is no reason for this. If it is the default for Auto Reboot or LED Control to be enabled in Access Point mode on most other routers, then why must it be disabled on the AX6000? The security issues in TPLink routers is why I switched to ASUS and left my TPLink as an Access Point. This is further confirmation that I should never have bought TPLink. If they intentionally disable simple functions like Auto Reboot or LED Control when in Access Point Mode, it's no wonder their router security is also defective.

Options
2022-04-24 12:26:35 - last edited 2022-04-24 14:55:19

@natsbar 

TBH I am not using this feature (schedule reboot) and I thought that this should work as described in the official document - only a TP-Link representative can give an answer to your question.

You can send them an e-mail to be advised on the issue.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 888

Replies: 3

Related Articles