New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping

New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping

106 Reply
Re:New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping
2023-01-08 17:03:33
I was not aware of this. but now that you mention it, a quick google search yields in that, WIFI 6 is hardware dependent, meaning that there is no update for it. https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/samsung-a53-wifi-6/td-p/5534937 I disabled the mesh for my mobile on the DECO and also enabled the guest network running 2.5 GHz... (i found some suggestion couple of days ago, and it seems to be better).... but this is not the solution i was going for.
Options
Re:New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping
2023-01-08 17:19:33

@AssiOsborn 

Wifi 6 is downwards compatible with WiFi 5. So this is not the problem.  The problem here is that the samsung a53 doesn't work properly with the 5hgz wifi of the deco x60.

With other 5ghz wifi networks the samsung a53 just works fine.

Options
[Solution] New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping
2023-01-16 00:33:21

Hi @David-TP ,

Please would you be able to reply with an approx date that the x20 v1.2 firmware update will be released?

Thank you

Options
[Solution] New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping
2023-01-18 13:00:59

@SaltySeaDog 

Agreed... This is becoming somwhat a issue since I have to be connected to the same WiFi as my other devices like my Sonos system. Since the current solution is switching regularly between the guest WiFi and my normal WiFi, im experiencing regularly issues controlling them, lile the volume.... It is becoming very tedious... And it takes for ever to get the correct WiFi connection again... Thankfully I have the Google Assistant connected, imagine if I didn't have that either... I would have to reach over to the speaker to controll it... 

Options
2023-01-18 14:31:29

@AssiOsborn 

It's simply and TP-Link issue. For products like P9 they have no updates over 2 years. 

I have the same problem with A53s and P9. Only thing which helped me is to restart the deco and then it connects. Occasional wifi drops are still present for all devices due to bad firmware and lack of any proper support with firmware. 

Options
2023-01-18 15:05:23 - last edited 2023-01-18 15:06:39

@LaMpiR 

Since my mesh WiFi access points are overlapping, i can not guaranteed that they are connected to the same "WIFI", in this context, the speakers need to be connected to the same access point, and then via the settings i have disabled mesh for the speakers. this means, in order for me to reboot the WiFi, i have to boot up first the accesspoint where the speakers should be connected to, and then once they are operational, i can boot up the other two deacon W60. (it becomes very time consuming, and i have no issue with any of the other devices on the wifi, so reboot wifi is just too complicated)

I used to experience that a speaker would change to one of the other access points, and suddenly the surround sound would be completely out of sync. (although i havent experienced this issue for some months now... might even be year). 

Options
2023-01-25 16:16:40

My Galaxy A53 received an update today. Surprise surprise, this issue was still NOT SOLVED.

Options
2023-02-13 15:27:00

My Setup:

2 Deco X90

My setup worked fine with my Exynos Samsung S21 Ultra, but no wi changed to Sanpdragon S23 Ultra and the connection keep droping, the same problem that i read with the a53, what can i do?

Options
2023-02-13 20:00:18

@Squareman 

The only comprises which is working is to enable the guest network only with only the 2,5 GHz enabled. I have then both networks added to the phone, and under normal conditions, the phone will prefer the guest network. But in special occasions, like if I wish to play music on my sonos system, or use chrome cast or what ever, I need to switch manually over to the primary WiFi... it is a f*** disaster, and a absolutely pain in the a** as this system costed me a arm and a leg and I can't use it properly....

It can easily take up to 10 min to establish a connection to the primary WiFi, and you have to make sure that the WiFi is not overlapping too much. Like, if I manage to establish a connection to the primary network, and walk to another room, where another access point is located. The WiFi will fail.

Options
2023-02-19 11:18:25

@Squareman 

I bought Galaxy S23+ (and left A53 as a backup phone) and it works flawlessly with my Deco X60 system. A53 is the only device in our household that does not work with it.

Options