The device in the guest wifi does not see the device from the local network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-29 20:46:38
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Last

Hi,

I have a TP-Link Archer AX73 and a guest wifi set up so that clients can see each other and have access to the internal network.

The problem is that after a while the devices inside the network will no longer be visible and I have to cancel this option, save and re-enable and save. Alternatively, restart the entire wifi router.

The error is that the devices in the guest network are not available in the Apple HomeKit (HomePod Mini is also connected to the guest network, HomeBridge is connected to the LAN).

Where can there be a mistake? Upgrading to the latest FW version did not resolve the issue.

Thank you  

Options
5 Reply
Re:The device in the guest wifi does not see the device from the local network
2022-05-07 02:38:15

Hello @Petr89 

What if you connect all the client devices to the main network, will they see each other all the time?

Please check and ensure the "Allow guests to see each other" and "Allow guests to access your local network" are both enabled when enabling the Guest Networks:

https://static.tp-link.com/upload/manual/2022/202203/20220316/1910013167_Archer%20AX73_UG_REV1.2.0.pdf

Options
2022-05-08 06:57:05

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

on the main wifi everything works without a problem (all the time).
On the host it will stop working at random time and will help to restart the router, or turn off both items and turn it on again.

P.

Options
2022-05-12 05:46:21

@Petr89 

What are the two options in my previous reply, are they both enabled on the AX73? Can I also know if it is possible to leave them connected to the main network? Or there is a reason they must connect to the guest network?

Options
2022-05-13 16:24:55

@Kevin_Z 

Both options are enabled. I want to use both wifi networks when this device allows due to global speed control.

Options
2022-05-17 03:50:47

@Petr89 

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Options