Votes

Link Client to Specific Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-06 14:02:11 - last edited 2022-11-03 10:59:05
Tags: #Connection Preference
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I've got 4 clients located in the same room as one of the deco units. Three of them are connected to that deco, but one stubbornly keeps wanting to connect to another deco much further away resulting in poor signal quality. I know I can disable the "mesh" option for that client if I ever actually notice it's connected to the correct deco, but it struck me that there should be an easier way to do this. Can TP-Link add a "deco selection" option on the client details screen?  Basically a "pick the deco unit you want this client to stick to" thing that would work hand-in-hand with disabling the mesh option for the client?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Link Client to Specific Deco
2022-05-06 15:44:23

Ah, I'm behind.  This may already be sort of handled by the new beta firmware.

Reading the info, it seems that client/deco prefs only work for the Home network, not the Guest network. That doesn't really help anyone who uses their guest network for their IOT devices and has a blasted Roku constantly picking the wrong deco with the weak signal. I haven't read all the way though all 34 pages of posts on that beta firmware thread, so if it hasn't already been addressed then please consider this feature requets as taking that same client/deco pref and enabling it on the guest network.

Thanks,

Gary

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 531

Replies: 1

Voters 3

Tags

Connection Preference