AV600 Powerline Adapter - Weak Internet - Long Distance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-09 17:37:53 - last edited 2022-05-10 00:55:38
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am trying to use a TL-PA4010 KIT to have an ethernet port on my families pier. The AT&T network is weak (speed test  around 25 Mbps) and the distance from router to the pier is about 150 meters. The 2 boxes pair, but the signal drops frequently. The plugs are on the wired to the same electrical panel. Could it be the internet speed or distance between the 2 plugs that are causing the drops? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!  

Options
1 Reply
Re:AV600 Powerline Adapter - Weak Internet - Long Distance
2022-05-13 05:47:24 - last edited 2022-05-13 05:47:42

Hello  @Mitch2 

Please confirm the house extension or place where the powerline units is used is the under the same power meter with the main house.

'150 meters' is a pretty long distance, you may check if the Powerline Led or House Led goes off when internet drops,if so, it could be due to decreasing over the long powerline/distance.  You could test the powerline extender in a different wall outlet or somewhere closer to main house and see if that makes any difference.

Here is a FAQ to rule out some devices that may cause some the interference in the powerline. What can I do if my powerline rate is very low?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 251

Replies: 1

Related Articles