Does Wifi Routers can act as an access point ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-11 10:13:07 - last edited 2022-06-09 02:37:52
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I am looking for TP Link access points but a local store near my house is selling TP Link routers. 

Can it be used as an access point ?

i would like to connect my isp router with a lan cable to the TP link router to create a full new wifi coverage area. 

Would it be possible ?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Does Wifi Routers can act as an access point ?-Solution
2022-05-11 18:06:48 - last edited 2022-05-13 07:52:58

@Luthing 

Yes, that's possible. Here's a list of wireless router that support AP mode - Case 1.

Here's the difference between AP mode and wireless router mode in this case.

Almost any wireless router, regardrdless if it's in that list, can be configured in AP mode - Case 2.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Does Wifi Routers can act as an access point ?-Solution
2022-05-11 18:06:48 - last edited 2022-05-13 07:52:58

@Luthing 

Yes, that's possible. Here's a list of wireless router that support AP mode - Case 1.

Here's the difference between AP mode and wireless router mode in this case.

Almost any wireless router, regardrdless if it's in that list, can be configured in AP mode - Case 2.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 431

Replies: 1

Related Articles