Archer C6 v2 not working in access point mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-15 22:44:47 - last edited 2022-06-23 10:07:49
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hey all,

I've got Archer C6 as an access point to use in my bedroom. The ethernet cable that's coming from the switch is simply connected to the WAN of the C6. The router is set to access point mode but the internet light is still orange! (Meaning no internet)

when I plug the ethernet straight to my desktop, the internet works but not on the Archer c6...

any suggestions?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C6 v2 not working in access point mode-Solution
2022-05-16 08:25:35 - last edited 2022-06-23 10:07:40

@Baris 

Here's a guide on how to configure C6 in AP mode.

Keep in mind that C6 LAN IP address should be in the same subnet as your main router.

Setting the C6 LAN IP to Smart IP(DHCP) should be fine.

To exclude problems with your C6 WAN port just move the ethernet cable to one of its LAN ports and test again.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C6 v2 not working in access point mode-Solution
2022-05-16 08:25:35 - last edited 2022-06-23 10:07:40

@Baris 

Here's a guide on how to configure C6 in AP mode.

Keep in mind that C6 LAN IP address should be in the same subnet as your main router.

Setting the C6 LAN IP to Smart IP(DHCP) should be fine.

To exclude problems with your C6 WAN port just move the ethernet cable to one of its LAN ports and test again.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1167

Replies: 1

Related Articles