TL-MR3620 WAN port not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-16 13:36:52
Model: TL-MR3620  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

HI all of a sudden my internet stopped working, after checking by ISP and myself found that WAN port is not working.

ISP guy suspected that this might be because of rain and lightning, but i see that everything else is working fine expect internet which PPPOE 

error is check the ISP cable r similar,

my question is 

1) is this really a WAN port hardware issue ?

2) if yes then can i fix this in Bangalore via any service center

3) can i use a LAN port as WAN for internat access 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-MR3620 WAN port not working
2022-05-17 03:32:01

@KASK999 

Hi, May I know the error message when you connect your modem to WAN port of the MR3620?
And how about the Internet LED status on MR3620? the MR3620 is on wireless router mode, right? please let me know the troubleshooting you've done.

In addition, here are answers to your questions: 
1. Please check if internet LED is light up when you connect your modem to WAN port of the MR3620, make sure the Ethernet cable and your modem are both working fine.
You could also connect WAN port and LAN port of the router itself to see if internet LED will be orange on, if so, the ports should be working. However, if Internet LED and LAN LED are both off, I am afraid the WAN port should be defective.

2. Please contact the local technical support team to confirm it:
https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

3. No, there is only one WAN port on MR3620, other LAN ports cannot be used as WAN port.
If you have another router in the front, you could consider to use the MR3620 as an access point by connecting LAN port only(change LAN IP address manually and also disable DHCP server on MR3620.)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 273

Replies: 1