TL-MR6400 - public IP is different from the one in the TP Link menu / overview

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-18 20:27:57 - last edited 2022-05-24 02:14:02
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.16.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 191223 Rel.66638n

Hello Volks / Support

as written in the concern my public IP is different from the one in the TP Link menu

when i look at whatismyipaddress ive the public IP Address of 178.197.220.189

when i look at my TP-Link Overview of the internet ive the IP Address of 10.22.58.189

that explains for me why my port forwarding is not working ...

but how can that be? i dont have another router in front of the TP-Link 4G Router. 

inside my TP-Link 4G Router ive the SIM Card for the Internet Connection.

Thanks in advice

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:TL-MR6400 - public IP is different from the one in the TP Link menu / overview-Solution
2022-05-19 01:45:45 - last edited 2022-05-24 02:14:42

@ctxusr 

Hi, may I know who the carrier of your SIM card is?

Currently, most mobile network carriers use CGNAT, thus they will assign private IP address to users, that is why the 4G Internet IP on the router is different from the real public IP address. You could try to contact the carrier of your SIM card to see if they could assign you a public IP address or if they have any other special APN settings that could get public IP address.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TL-MR6400 - public IP is different from the one in the TP Link menu / overview-Solution
2022-05-23 13:39:39 - last edited 2022-05-24 02:14:02

@Sunshine 

you have brought it to the point.

my provider is swisscom (Switzerland) and i have to order an mobile option, which is called "corporate application access".

did that.

after that it was necessary to create a new apn profile with >different< apn address / apn type: static / auth type: pap, username and pass could be the same like the normal apn profile ...

did that.

the TP-Link automatically disconnect and reconnect to the mobile network with the new static IP.

perfect.

thanks in advice, case closed

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
2022-05-19 01:45:45 - last edited 2022-05-24 02:14:42

@ctxusr 

Hi, may I know who the carrier of your SIM card is?

Currently, most mobile network carriers use CGNAT, thus they will assign private IP address to users, that is why the 4G Internet IP on the router is different from the real public IP address. You could try to contact the carrier of your SIM card to see if they could assign you a public IP address or if they have any other special APN settings that could get public IP address.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-05-23 13:39:39 - last edited 2022-05-24 02:14:02

@Sunshine 

you have brought it to the point.

my provider is swisscom (Switzerland) and i have to order an mobile option, which is called "corporate application access".

did that.

after that it was necessary to create a new apn profile with >different< apn address / apn type: static / auth type: pap, username and pass could be the same like the normal apn profile ...

did that.

the TP-Link automatically disconnect and reconnect to the mobile network with the new static IP.

perfect.

thanks in advice, case closed

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 743

Replies: 2

Related Articles