Archer MR200: Access to LTE WAN I/F 'IP Address'

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-23 15:49:23 - last edited 2022-05-23 15:50:36
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hello,

with the above LTE router I am able to connect ot the internet and work outbound. However, due to the ISP providing a non public IP@ via ISP NAT I am not able to access the Archer from the outside.

In particular: I have added no-IP and am successfully getting updates. However the IP@ that no-IP gets from the Archer router is not the one allowing outside access to the Archer... nor is it matching the IP@ that the "Web Admin i/f of the Archer" features under 'WAN Interface LTE'. Good thing is that if I use the IP@ of the WAN I/F LTE status page I am able to access the Archer from the outside.

So I have a very simple question:

Being behind the Archer NAT in the 192.... address space and having compute resources there that I can program.... Is there a way I am able to query the Archer via some API to get the IP@ that the WAN I/F LTE status page shows ?

Appreciate your help and consideration.

Tx.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer MR200: Access to LTE WAN I/F 'IP Address'
2022-05-24 05:46:34

@GLT-S 

Hi, welcome to TP-Link Community.

No-IP DDNS automatically binds to the real public IP address, so it will not match with the 4G WAN IP on the web interface of Archer since the Archer obtains a non-public IP address.

In addition, you mentioned that if you use the IP@ of the WAN I/F LTE status pag, you are able to access the Archer from the outside, please confirm it was from a totally different network or under the same SIM card provider network? if the WAN IP on web interface of the Archer is indeed a non-public IP address, normally you will not be able to access it remotely from a different network.

Options
2022-05-25 06:27:22

Sunshine wrote

@GLT-S 

Hi, welcome to TP-Link Community.

No-IP DDNS automatically binds to the real public IP address, so it will not match with the 4G WAN IP on the web interface of Archer since the Archer obtains a non-public IP address.

In addition, you mentioned that if you use the IP@ of the WAN I/F LTE status pag, you are able to access the Archer from the outside, please confirm it was from a totally different network or under the same SIM card provider network? if the WAN IP on web interface of the Archer is indeed a non-public IP address, normally you will not be able to access it remotely from a different network.

@Sunshine

Thank you for the warm welcome, and yes, your observation regarding the 'non-public IP' is very correct.

Allow me to clarify regarding your second statement/question:

When I am local and connected to the Archer, then I can get to the Archers Admin Web Page. There I am able to see -- under the WAN I/F LTE Status --  the non-Public IP@ that the ISP is providing. Through my cell and tethering I was able to use that IP Address to access my local network from the outside internet.

So now, again, my question:

Does the Archer have APIs that would allow me to programmatically obtain selected information that is available on the Archer's Admin Web Pages.

Options
2022-05-30 08:34:38

@GLT-S 

Hi, thank you very much for the reply.

Sorry for that there is no required APIs for MR200 V5. However, to remotely manage the MR200 V5, you could also conside to use the TP-Link Cloud function and bind the device to a TP-Link ID. Then on your phone, you will install Tether App and login with the same TP-Link ID to manage the device either locally or remotely.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 452

Replies: 3

Related Articles