Eap225 mesh network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Eap225 mesh network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Eap225 mesh network
Eap225 mesh network
2022-05-23 22:41:18
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey all, but of a newb question but I bought 2 EAP225 outdoor APs for a mesh network to extend my coverage out to my garage. They are line of sight and 90 ft apart. 

The one wired to my switch works great, and setup as a standalone AP fine, but the 2nd one at the garage won't let me pull an IP when I attempt to connect to the default ssid Name. 

Do I need to convert them to controller based APs to get the mesh functionality to work? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Eap225 mesh network
2022-05-24 06:42:44

@Hallroadfarm 

I remember seeing a very detailed answer before, oh, this, which may help you:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/530760?replyId=1046164

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-05-24 22:25:29

@Hallroadfarm 

Meshing requires the controller.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2022-05-24 22:52:21

@Hallroadfarm 

You can also just rotate the EAP225's antennas so that the planes (imagine a sheet of flat paper passing through the centres of each antenna rod) of each pair of antennae face each other, the body of the AP doesn't matter.   Also make sure the antennae are 90' apart (V-shaped)...so 45' downtilt from vertical each, and NOT parallell to each other!

I have a similar situation and distance.  -84dBm is on the cusp of being useful and in my case I lose another few dBm when it's raining (I don't have 100% clear path..there are a few tree trunks in the space between APs.  On my second reposition iteration, I mounted one AP high under an eave that has a wire mesh screen behind which afforded me some apparent 'gain' and improved my link quality by 1-2dBm over what it had been higher up mounted on a pole.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 346

Replies: 3

Related Articles